Some heads up for a river ROOKIE??

• birddog
    Mn.

Hey guys. The wife and I are planning on heading down to P2 or P4 tomorrow. Still on the fence on where to go but thinking P4, just a better chance at a few more fish I think?? Colors, presentation, etc…any and all info will help a bunch.

BIRDDOG

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Cant speak for #2…no barnburner bite here yet….but signs of improvement.Livebait…minnows have been important on bright colored bucktails or jigs.Plastics will have there day soon!

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Just go for it Dog, and post up a report. I would expect some heavyweights showing up this week.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Tuff on two too….

-J.

ericanelson
    Albertville

Birdog I am also heading down to pool 4 tomarrow from Albertville. Tan Crestliner Sportfish c you on the water.

liar
    Lakeville

I will be there as well. I had 2 days in last week with one fish to show for it. Hope it turns around. Even a little.

Dan

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

P2 today was still very naughty today… One 17″ sauger by Pike Island dragging a pearl pepper K-grub. I had a couple other misses too. Water clarity above the Minnesota is crummy now too. You got about 2″ clarity and the river this morning was incredibly foamy and hiding the logs nicely. Be careful!

dd

birddog
    Mn.

Well, the wife and I decided to hit P4 today. Big thanks to Dean for the hospitality and the quick river tutorial. We didn’t put a fish in the boat, had a few taps, but nothing to get excited about. Looking forward to the next trip down! Man was the weather NICE, that made the trip, it just felt good to be in the boat again. Thanks again Dean, meeting and BSing was a pleasure.

BIRDDOG

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

My pleasure!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.