Red Wing frenzy

• WalleyeRanger

Had the honors to share the ranger with a couple of buddies up from Davenport, first stop up the river was at everts, boy was he stocked and had us ready in a few minutes, pepper ringies in the fast current with half ounce green bk jigs ripped very aggressively put our limits in the boat very quickly like forty five min 18 keeper plus a 35lb. catfish and a nice nine pound walleye I caught and took all those great pictures to show you, well as you can guessed my youngest buddy caught the camera strap on his jig and fling it in the water, can you believe that? I guess I was due after all the good luck I had, not to mention the great time I had and to see Dean smilin face, I will be back soon. yes the big girl was put back, I strongly encourage all to do the same. good fishing.

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

Sounds like a good time!!
    Which day was that?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Tough trade, 9lb eye for camera. But hey, a guy has to do what a guy has to do. Start buying cheaper cameras!!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Not saying I don’t believe you ,But withoout Pics it’s hard to believe! I was down there Sunday and everyone and I mean everyone couldn’t catch a cold!

ericanelson
    Albertville

Chappy I agree. But Im sure that there are much better fisherman than I.
    Just got home from there and only put one 19 incher in the boat. Talked with another guy and he said that he had been there for three days and only caught one keeper. HMMMMMM

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Dean told me about these guys today. Or at least I’m pretty sure he was refering to these fine fellows from IA. Dean said they messed up the fish snap jigging plastics. So if it wasn’t this guy someone else got into them good.

No matter how bad the fishing is… someone always manages to find the fish and put the stomp on them.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

That’s true James…..I’m not saying it wasn’t true..Just hard to believe! Sorry…..That’s just my point of veiw.

ericanelson
    Albertville

Well at least some one caught some fish. But all in all it was a day on the water. Little windy but still not bad. Better than working.

redneck
    Rosemount

I really love those slow days when you can figure out the pattern! Now when it is someone else doing it then it makes for a long day though. That is the thing about upper Pool 4 right now—your bait is in front of fish—you just have to figure out the trigger. I have never had a bad day there this time of year, just some days I run out of time before I hit what they want.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Contgrats on your success! You most certainly were in the minority as of late!I did have several people come in shaking there head watching a couple of boats putting on a clinic.With warmer water temps coming,more of us who got our tails kicked will be sharing the wealth!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

The fish are there and there is a LOT of them!
    They are just a bit reluctant to bite.

2 weeks ago, while everyone else was struggling, we burned up almost 4 scoops of fatheads between 3 guys and we spent almost half the day chasing pike and we were also pitching blade-baits……

The fish are there in heavy, thick numbers, you just have to find them and give them what they want. As for 2 weeks ago, when the water was clear, we used the Aquaview until we found the schools we were looking for, then anchored up on top of them. By anchoring up on top of the fish, we were able to coax the negative fish into biting. Everyone around us didn’t catch much, because they were drifting. Also, we were “not” in a community hole.

Search around, find your fish, and fish them! Give the fish what they want, not what you want to give them.

By the way, anyone know how frustrating it is, to see a toad walleye sleeping on the bottom of the sand, with no interest in anything you offer?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

By the way, anyone know how frustrating it is, to see a toad walleye sleeping on the bottom of the sand, with no interest in anything you offer?

Yes. Tried minnows, plastics, and then scared it away with a blade bait. Some days, they have no interest in eating.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Chappster…seeing the fish in person is better than a picture!

I was skunked catten…just to have Don Hanson partner show me a pic of this 20 something cat that bit.

Just add some salt to that wound will ya!

Add some warm rain and there will be a TON of pictures from P4 this weekend…

We’re celabrating the end of the ice season on Winnie…we do have a couple beds open yet. $80. for the weekend, which includes a perch feed at Tamerack Lodge.

If we don’t see you up nort…we’ll be seeing you on P4 next week!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.