Prarie Island P.P.

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey all,

i just heard (from a somewhat reliable source) that the prarie island power plant is going to be shut down by 2007. has anybody else heard this? i found it to be new information.

if this is true, how do you think it will effect the fish?? will the large consintrations of fish that pill up around the dam in the winter decrease?? the power plant is the reason they’re all there now, isn’t it?? that’s what i’ve always heard. the warm water that is released brings them out of the lake and up into the river.

Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

At this point there is no decision on the shut down of the plant. The issue stems from the need to store additional spent fuel rods in dry casks storage units at the plant. The plant itself is licensed until 2014. If elected officials don’t approve additional casks at the plant it is likely the plany will shut down on or near 2007. Hope this answers your question.

mudcatkid
    On water

hhm…..well, i am not a reliable source by anymeans ………but P.I. supports WAY to many places to be shutting down any time soon!….at least i hope it wouldnt….half my family works there

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.