Walleye info

• BJR

Since there is no safe ice I will have to try more walleye fishing, something I’m not real good at. Wondering if the experienced walleye guys could give a little info on dragging plastics. Do you drag them up or downstream, on sandflats, or anywhere? I assume the bait should just keep contact with the bottum. Also, how heavy should the jig be? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

jhalfen

I spend a lot of time dragging. Some info to get you started can be found here:

Thanksgiving Alma report

If you keep your eyes on IDA in the coming weeks, you’ll be seeing a much more comprehensive treatment on dragging, covering location, boat control, equipment, and a whole host of other dragging tips and tactics. Keep your eyes on the “Fishing Articles” section.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Pick up a copy of The Next Bite/Esox Angler magazine. There’s an awesome dragging article in the current issue!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I know someone else that has an outstanding dragging artical….With a ton of POOL 4 experiance….right here on IDA!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I haven’t picked up the magazine yet John, but who wrote the article on dragging in The Next Bite?

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Hi, Gary. I wrote the article but it is about James and the dragging tactics he uses on Pool 4. BrianK must not have known that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.