Any help appreciated!

• SKEREEP
    Red Wing, MN

Over a year ago our church had a silent auction to raise money for a youth trip. Church members sold everything from leaf raking to gormet dinners. I decided it would be fun to take one of my church family fishing, so I put a day fishing trip up for auction and raised $50 for the kids.

Scheduling the trip has been a challenge, but after all this time I’ll finally be taking a father and his two sons (age 7 & 9) on their first trip to lake Pepin. Unfortunately, I’ve been so darn busy I haven’t been out since mid June and my rig has been sitting in my garage with a for sale sign on it.

If anyone has been out recently and is inclined to share some info. I would greatly appreciate it.

I’ll be sure to post how we do and share what we find with all of you!

Thanks a bunch.

Scott

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

get ahold of dean at everets resort. look up the number on the web site or shoot him a PM and he could tell ya. otherwise look at some of the past fishing reports and just put you best foot forward and try to get find them fish. that is why it called fishing.

shane

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I made it out on the lake a couple days ago and it was very slow. I did get into some saugers on the Minnesota side near Lake City on cranks. I found them in about 12-16 feet of water. Speeds were 2.8-3.5. Look to the Hok-si-la and Waterman’s areas for this action.

I plan on getting out this weekend to do some more searching and will post my results.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

When is this trip? If it is after this weekend your are sure welcome to join me on Sunday and I’ll show you a few of my more consistent areas.

Let me know.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I was out on Sunday, I got nothing but sheepies in the upper pool 4. I got 2 little saugers by the cans on leeches, I went down to the lake & pulled lead with no success other than sheepies. I’ll be out this Sunday to look for a Black/Tan Crestliner & say high.

mnfan
    Rochester MN

I was out Sunday with my two boys – down below Lake City on the MN side….simply pulling cranks along the rocks from 8′ to 12′ of water. One nice sauger, couple of BIG strippers that my 7yr old tangled with (fun & exciting for him)& a few goats – only fished for about an hour – then it got pretty warm & the kids wanted to swim. Great day on the water!

SKEREEP
    Red Wing, MN

Lenny,

Thanks a ton. I think my day will be spent south of hok-si-la.

My trip is on Saturday the 2nd. If we do any good I’ll post it on here.

Thanks again for your help and thanks for the invite on Sunday. Unfortunately I’ve got a big day Sunday and won’t be getting out.

Scott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.