Pepin for the weekend?

• timmy

Any reports from P4 as of late? I am interested in cranking on Pepin this weekend. Time on the water as of late is very limited(new baby ), so I want to make the most of a 1/2 day kitchen pass when available. Is the crank bite happening at all?

Timmy

fish2live
    hampton,mn

i was down on the upper pool twice this week and did really well pulling jigs tiped with crawlers and leaches but, talked to a couple people in the bait shop that said maiden rock was going good with cranks. i’m sure someone else will chime in with an up to date report.

hope this helps
    steve

mnfan
    Rochester MN

Spent yesterday afternoon & evening (until 8ish) on Pepin. Pulling cranks in the usual go to summer pattern areas & was pretty slow – only one decent Sauger….was hoping with the warmer weather that the fish may have been in our summer spots?? Not yet though.

Ended up in front of Roeschen (spelling?) landing dragging jig & 1/2 crawler setup and had better action….small walleye + a few other goats. baaahhaaa.

Good luck.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve heard fairly consistent and positive reports from the trollers coming from the Rush River / Maiden Rock area. 8′ – 12′ of water.

airpart

My wife and I fished the Maiden Rock area last Saturday pulling cranks and did just OK. She did catch a huge northern, a couple of sheepies and a flathead catfish along with a few saugers and white bass. We did much better on Sunday between the Lake City marina and the Skyline restaurant. #7 Perch color seemed to be the ticked that day.

herefishyfishy
    MN

Was out prefishing for the weekend this am and got two hours in before had battery troubles. In the two hours we managed to catch six walleye/sauger and one crappie trolling. one was 22.5 and another was 25.5.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.