Pepin reports?

• mnfan
    Rochester MN

Heading down to Pepin tomorrow afternoon, putting in at Lake City….anyone have any current updates, or reports?

Thanks in advance.

airpart

Just got back last night after fishing three days on the big lake. Mixed action for my wife and me. The best fishing we had was On Sunday afternoon along the rip-rap from the Lake city marina to the Skyline Restaurant. Limited out on nice eyes in about two hours. We were pulling perch colored cranks #7 in about 7-9 F.O.W. Others were drifting with minnows (i think) and it seemed that they weren’t doing quite as well. Can’t say for sure ’cause we were pretty busy. We didn’t have much luck the other days anywhere else on the lake. Maiden Rock was the best with a few eyes, huge sheephead and my wife caught a HUGE northern. I didn’t measure it but both of my hands wouldn’t go around it’s neck. Good luck out there and let us all know how you did. I’m hoping to get back up there in a couple of weeks.

mnfan
    Rochester MN

Thanks Airpart – good news. I was down below Wabasha with my boys (7 & 9) on Sunday and had a great time on the wingdams with a simple hook & crawler setup….lots of small mouth & the usual sheepies – kids had a great time. My younger boy had a big Northern up to the boat that broke off – guess I didnt get the net quick enough, but I was too busy trying to keep both him & the pole from going in too!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.