Pool 4 report

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I know I said I would do a pool 4 report today….so i’m gonna do one here instead of on the “reports” page. Two reasons i’m putting it here. #1….I just got back from town (had some shopping for the cabins that needed to be done). So I don’t have time to do a long report. #2……I had a couple great pics to put on the report, but since I decided to forget my digital camera in the boat of the guy that had a 10 3/4 lb 30 inch walleye, I can’t post the pics!!! THANKS to the guy that called me from Waseca, MN that said he found a digital camera in his boat when he got home!!!! I appreciate honest people!

Sooooo, here is the basic report for today. The bite seemed to be a little slow for quite a few guys I talked to today. A fair number of boats said they only had a couple fish. These people said they used minnows and plastics both. Most of em fished at the dam and vertical jigged, although some said they tried casting the shallows for the walleye that have been showing up recently. Don’t be discouraged, as some of the boats reported great catches again with their limits and a bunch of fish they threw back too. I did hear some good reports on minnows and some good ones on plastics. The guys that did well seemed to be down from the dam a couple hundred yards and on the edges of the dropoff in 18-25 feet of water. Dustin and I made it out for a couple hours just before dark and got 6 pitchin K-grubs and Ringworms to the shallow sand flats again. I got a 7 1/4lb, 26 inch beautiful saugeye! That was a really neat lookin fish. Also had a 22 1/2 inch walleye and an 18 inch walleye. The others were in that 15-16 inch range. Noting special for numbers, but had a couple real dandy’s! Firecracker K-grubs really seemed to be the best for the few fish we did catch.

I know it’s not a great report, but that’s the basics of the day. I should mention that the guys fishing the deeper water were catching lots of fish, but with more of the same………small. Tomorrow looks as if it might be a little snowy and cooler before the big warmup this weekend. Good Luck to all.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

HI Steve, what do you mean, ALL your reports are great. Okay a few pictures of 10 pound Walleye are fun to see, but I know you will get them on when you get your camera back.. Sure DO like honest people who do not take of advantage of different situations that may come up. It is super people like that that we meet and fish with here on the board that make this a special place for all of us. Steve I enjoyed the call last night and will be back and see you in a few weeks. Jack..

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Thanks Jack. I agree with the honest people comment. It would have been easy for this guy to say “what camera, no didn’t see it here, maybe it fell off the boat or something…” But no, he called and left a message saying he had it and would be back this friday (or next friday, I forgot now) to return it! I think I owe him a launch! Good Luck fishing in CA! Hope you get a big Ol’ bucketmouth!! I’m looking forward to some good pics.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

I was down at Everts when that fish came in, really nice fat fish though. Steve you were so busy trying to get pics with the poloroid you forgot the digital in his boat ouch!!
    Sure is nice haveing honest people like that around!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

geeeez…. I would have figured it was some kind of new promotion…… free camera with launch at Everts….. that Steve is a great guy!… and its amazing the lenghts he will go to get “return” business (as in returning his camera!! )

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

steve thanks for the post. what is the water temp at this time. thanks

chappy
    Hastings, MN

33.5-34

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Steve,

Can’t wait to get up there in a couple of weeks, save me some nice size eaters and a couple 10+ to put on film.

George

Inge
    West Central WI

Couple of 10 lber’s – sheezam I would be really happy to land one!!! Going to hit it again on Friday, a buddy poured me some custom color ringworms to match what some of the folks have shown here in pictures. Ummm how come I don’t think color will be the determining factor in regards to success….
    Thanks for the report Steve, and best of luck to all.
    Inge

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

yep I’ve also have had my best luck in the 20 or so foot range and a tad bit shallower.drifting the points off the wingdam have proved best with a purple ringworm. but hey that still was a good report there steve and thnx for it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.