Clown Color

• Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

So what’s the deal? Last year found many in a panic because Rapala was discontinuing their clown color, now I see it offered in the new Cabela’s Walleye catalog. Anybody know if they changed the lure or changed their minds about discontinuing the color altogether?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

They have it on the Rapala display wall at the Sport Show for 2003.
    Tuck

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Do they have any new colors?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Rapala will continue to make the Clown Patters for one more year then they WILL discontinue it…..(the previous statement is subject to change at the manufactures discretion)

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

I think it is kind of a trick. They want you to buy a pile of them at a time, then they bring it back in a year or two.

They did it with

-chartruse

-blue

-clown

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Its called ”Sales and Marketing” and it works. Just look in anybodys tackle box. Good colors though but not quite as good as the original ones as there is a difference if you look at them close. Thanks, Bill

herb
    6ft under

If I get time this year and can find the colors of paint I want, I’m going to try painting some of my stickbaits colors that aren’t offered.
    Anybody know where I can find some Viking Purple?
    Are you reading this Blue Fleck?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I have no recollection of the color in mention. I do know however of a certain purple that works real well on jigging raps.
    Ok, Ok, I give up. It is called Napoleonic Violet. NO JOKE! It works. There you have it, my secret color. After all these years, I can’t beleive I just gave up my favorite color. Anything to help my fellow angler and educate the masses. Good luck to all.

BF

herb
    6ft under

SUCKER!!!!!!!!!
    I knew I’d get ya to talk.
    he he

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Herb , your too sneaky, when are we going to get out!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.