Pool 4 update

• Don Hanson

The vertical bite should be gang buster very shortly. Spent Friday and Saturday going vertical. All said and done I would have to say it was a decent bite. We stayed well down stream from the dam both days. Both plastic and meat were putting good eater size, and bigger sauger to the boat. also picked up some nice eyes in the same area.
    It will be a great week to get out on the river. the water temp is on the rise and the bite will only get better. I can’t give up too much info or my tourny partner will kill me! Check with Dean at Everts, he will fill you in on the latest info to make make your day a success.
    Good to See and talk to James, Scott and Mike. Hey Mike how many hours did you get on the new boat?

BobJohnston

spring is here finally spent the last three days on pool four and just had a blast. I mostly pitched BFT ringworms and K-grubs on 3/32 or 3/16oz H2o jigs. Had quite a few dandys including a 9.8 and a 10.4 prespawn piggies. All I can say is that new cotton candy ringworm and K-grub are a hit in my boat. The next week should be on fire with the water temps rising and water levels stable. Well thats all for now. Cant give all my secrets out or Don will kill me… Tight lines and hope to see you down there. Will post some pics later…computer problems

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Hey Don, it was good to see use as well as many others on Sat. I managed 6+ hours on the big motor and 2 on the kicker. Once I get a different prop things should be good. Are you fishing this weekends tourny?

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Thanks for the report guys!!!! Be up there Wed. and Thurs. and can’t wait!!!!!!!

brett
    Brooklyn Park, MN

A few of us spent Fri-Sun on the river. We had decent success each day with a number of nice fish in the 18-20 inch range. Techniques that put fish in the boat ranged from pitching ringworms shallow, vertical jigging plastics, and trolling crankbaits. We fished areas from the dam to the head of the lake with the deeper water 22-28 ft holding most of the fish. Attached is a pic of a couple of the fish we brought to the boat yesterday.

Brett

Don Hanson

I am fishing the tourny on Sunday. Are you fishing them?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.