Pool 9 Report

• tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

River stage 8.03, Flow 31600, Water temp 40 degres.We fished from Desota Bay to Genoa dam.The bite was tough but there were fished to be caught.We pitched Ring worms the hot color for us was Coton candy,with 3/8 once plain lead BFT heads.We fished 6 to 15 foot of water.There were alot of boats at the dam so we did not stay long I like to fish away from the crowds.It sure was nice to share the boat with my Nephew Scott.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Here is a pic of on of my eyes.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

was the water a legitimate 40 degrees or was it variable? I don’t know if our water on pool 8 is that warm,and you guys got the power plant..Just curious. I suppose it won’t be long before those eyes will be spawning

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

That was the temp on my Graph.So I really could not tell you if it is the correct temp but I would think it is close.

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Nice pic lntony2. Is that taken right below #9 dam and just east of the float? Thanks…. Gene

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Yeah thanks thats what i wanted to know. I hope the pool 8 water is getting close to that..

honda75
    Iowa

lntony2 just curious what boat were you in. We fished from minn. slough all the way up to the dam today as well. We were in a green lund explorer ss with a 75 honda on it.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Hows the new ride?Congrats and good to see your report!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Thinker your right were the picture was taken.I was in the Black and tan smokercraft.Dean I like my new boat very well.I still need to get it all set up with some more electronics, and a trolling motor.I couldnt help myself I had to try it out.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Nice looking fish and boat LN. I hope to be down this weekend to bounce some lead off the bottom. Gonna try to fish Sat. If your out, look for my blue/tan mirrocraft with the 75 ficht. It also says “Fishahollik” on the windshield.

I’ll be between Genoa and Blackhawk park where the fish are hitting.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I will keep a eye out for you Fishahollik .

Bigshow
    Waterloo, Iowa

Make sure that my seat is waxed and ready for the bigshow.
    Hope we can get our turkeys and catch a bunch of fish.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I go t it all shined up for ya Bigshow,and the turkeys are tied up outback .

Bigshow
    Waterloo, Iowa

You know me way to well.
    That’s the only way I can get them.

honda75
    Iowa

I will be out Saturday at blackhawk as well. I will be in a geen and tan lund explorer SS with a 75 honda on it. Should be two or three people in it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.