Weekend Report Pool 2

• hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

Will try and get out Saturday, if Snap is ready?? Maybe see you guys out there. That one was 28″ on the board, nice fish Snap, now its my turn!

hs

nick
    Lakeville, MN

You guys are killing me!!!!!!!
    Between work and my “broken” motor right now, there’s nothing I can do to fish. If I can somehow drag the boat out and get it to the shop tomorrow, I should hopefully have ot back to me in a week, then I’m going to change my adderess to the lillydale ramp.

wetfly
    St. Louis Park

I’m all in, and will give you flawless boat control to obtain a little hawg status again this weekend. How are the flow/clarity reports looking after these extreme march snow dumps? Or do we have to play bumper boats on Pool 4?

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

My guess would be go above the confluence if it looks like the clarity is crummy. If its crummy above the confluence I’m not sure what I’ll do. I guess I’ll find out Saturday.

dd

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I was out yesterday out of Lilydale and the water clarity did not look as bad as I had thought. Above the confluence is still very clear. I think this cold spell will hault any additional run-off at least for the time being!

drewsdad,
    I took advantage of your snowblowing efforts and put the boat in with ease! Thank you!
    I will be back down tomorrow and will bring several shovels as well as some driveway salt if need be!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Must of just missed you down there Steve. Think I packed up around 3 or 4. Did you get into any fish? I did not. Lets just say my trip was more of a boat ride and getting familiar with my boat. The conditions did look nice for fishing. Now if the weather would cooperate.

hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

fishanytime, I am sure we saw you there Sunday, will be looking for ya if you go Saturday.

Snap, what time are you coming over Friday? You should bring the boat up to my place and leave from there. We are going to need a lot of coffee.

Your turn to run the boat!!

Go Barta or go home!

hs

wetfly
    St. Louis Park

We are definately going Barta style. If its not raining 2 inches per hour or under 29 degrees, you don’t get the full experience. I’ll be over at 6. I’ll run the boat, you just snap.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Hawg and Snap, what presentation took that 28″? Were you fishing vertically? Nice fish!

hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

John, we were vertical with jig and fathead. Maybe see you on Sat.

Snap call me

hs

john23
    St. Paul, MN

It seems the almighty ringworm has been overshadowed by bait on the river for the last week or so! There’s no such thing as a magic bait…

You won’t see me on P2 on Saturday, but good luck to you. I look forward to reading your report.

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Southerner, I dont want to pull back off the subject here and Im not saying your wrong but there are reasons why they protect that area the way they do. They may have cleaned up there act now but theres some things that dont just go away in a year or ten. Even if there not “dumping it” its still slowly getting there. But Im not an expert just my observations and with the $$$$$ they have they wouldnt let us find out anyhow

Fished some backwater areas of P2 saturday and managed a batch of white bass. We tried some areas in the main channel with no luck but olny fish it a few hours in the am. Thanks for the reports guys It will be a week or two before I get back down

Southerner
    St. Paul, MN

I hear ya’ RBF. There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that the chemicals found in those P2 fish were manufactured at the Chemolite site but you hit the nail on the head with your statement regarding the fact that some of these chemicals hang around for a long time. It’s a similar situation to lead, mercury, or PCBs which are found in fish in many waters and have a very long half-life –> ie – stick around for many years without degrading significantly. Whereas the general public has for years known about the basic negative effects associated with heavy metal or PCB contamination, it has just been in the recent past that this chemical has been discovered in the environment and therefore it has generated a bit of publicity. The difference between these Chemolite chemicals and the others I mentioned above, however, is that there’s no known adverse health effects associated with the concentrations found in the P2 fish.

Again though, back to the topic of my true interest…. I’ll be out on P2 again both Saturday and Sunday. Planning on pitchin’ wingies and perhaps hit the confluence area for awhile. Give a wave if you happen upon my blue & white Nitro.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice work once again on the ramp Joel. You rank right up there with Dean at Evert’s. It was very easy getting in and out this afternoon. Fish are still bitting.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Dean at Evert’s I got a long way to go until I’m that good! But thanks! It really isn’t that tough at this stage of the winter. I can clear it in about 20 minutes with my Toro 1 stage that fits easily in the van. (My brother-in-law works for Toro and gets me deals) And I like doing it! Hopefully major snowfalls are behind us now!

dd

boone
    Woodbury, MN

RatherBFishn,

I’ve heard reports of good white bass fishing in previous years in the backwaters around this time of year. Have you found this to be a pretty consistent bite year-to-year? Would you mind sharing the general tactics you’re using and the type of structure you target? I’ve had a blast catching white bass in the summer and early fall when they’re busting bait fish on the surface but I’ve never had much luck in March.

Thanks,

Boone

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I was down at the Lilydale ramp again today to stare longingly at the river………. Anyway, the river is definetly a little higher and the clarity is definetly a little lower, but not bad! I thinks it could be a good weekend and week coming up!

dd

pitz0022

I have been reading long enough, I figure it is time to post. I Just got back from Lilydale. 1st time ever down there. 1 17 3/4″. I didn’t even look to see if it was a walleye or a sauger I was just excited to catch a fish. It came on a Jig and a minnow in 22′. Nice afternoon to be on the water. Ramp was in awesome condition, didn’t even need 4×4. Thanks to whoever cleaned it up!!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.