Pool 4

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Just thought I stop in and say Hi to you river rats.

Nice weather today. Anyone take advantage and fish the river today?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

i was out on both sat and sun. i would have to say sat. was much better than sunday but both days yeilded some fish. big fish was on sunday going 23″. sorry no camera with me. there were a few other boats out so maybe someone else will chime in also.

Walleye Fool

Southerner
    St. Paul, MN

Yes, the bite was fairly slow today but it was a great day to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. The fish were pretty lethargic as indicated by the very light bites. BFN superdoos were the most productive lure today on the current seams. I am getting excited about the spring bite; only a couple weeks away if Mother Nature cooperates.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Roy shown here with a couple of nice eyes caught on bucktail Waynes “ugly bug” jig,before he released them.Roy also caught some eaters dragging char-pepper ringworms on 3/32 precision heads.Good job Roy!

Dean Marshall

Eric shown here with a respectable catch of eaters!But wont tell me where and how! The dragging bite is starting to get back on track for some fisherman late in the day,however the mid-day bite has brief windows throughout,but not anywhere close to its potential yet.The river conditions continue, flow-wise, to head to our favor.It wont be long!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Keep the weather warming Dean! I hooked up with a pro to show TCSTCS and myself the secrets of P4 on Tuesday.

I’m charging up my extra set of camera batteries now!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

GREAT PIC’S, I REALLY LIKE THE BACK GROUND.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Ah Brian thanks for the compliment..
    Let us know how you do..

Thanks for the pics Dean. I’m gonna give you a buzz this week.. Is that a Saugeye on the left in Roys pic??

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Derek,
    Great minds DO think alike. I was thinking Saugeye the moment I saw it.
    Dean, thanks for the report and pics, KEEP them coming.
    Jack..

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Evert’s has a GREAT supply of BFT and Knuckleball jigs! If you are going to be dragging on the River, you do not want to be without these in your arsenal!
    Tuck

jasono00
    cities

is there still ice floating in the river by everts or is it all gone and what is the bite for walleyes like??

Dean Marshall

Although you should ALWAYS keep yours eyes open for any debris on any water,the ice situation is not a problem as of the last few days.The power plant hot water discharge is back up and running at the normal levels.Always keep your eyes open though!

The pic shows some evidence of being a sauger,but in person I did not notice it being anything but a walleye.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

There should not be much for ice floating around, some small stuff here and there but not much more. It’s always a good idea to pay close attetion though, I have seen some big pieces sneak up on guys………. Alvinmack

As for the walleye bite? Not sure on the eyes but last time I talked to Dean from Everts it sounded like a few sauger were being caught. I’ll be out tommorrow for the 1st time in weeks to chase the walleyes around. Pretty sure I won’t do any jigging for sauger.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Looks like you and I posted about the same time .
    See ya tonight

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Dustin, you must have picked your boat up…What did that cost ya???
    Saw it at LaCannes.
    Tuck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.