guttenberg

• honda75
    Iowa

Fished guttenburg today with two other guys. For the most part today the wind was blowing pretty good but around 2pm it slowed up on the river but so did the fishing as well. Caught around 45 total but only kept 13 saugers. Released alot of small eyes two that were 14 1/2 and my buddy lost one that I would say would have gone 3 to 4 lbs. There were probably about 30 trailers in the parking lot today. Spoke with the DNR on the way out they were doing a sauger survey. Said there has been some pretty decent fish coming out of the river already.

dkremer99
    Central City, IA

thanks for the update honda. Ive been getting the itch to get out now youve made it worse.
    Dan

honda75
    Iowa

No problem hope you get over that itch and just hit the open water. After this coming weekend i can hopefully say i am putting away the ice fishing equipment and fishing open water for the rest of the year.

honda75
    Iowa

my dad and a buddy fished guttenberg today. It was a bust. They fished from 7 am till noon and caught 4 fish. Guess i will not head up there tomorrow and stay on the cedar and hit the eyes here.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

I was going to hit the gut tomorrow but with the rain and that slow fishing report i will probably have to hit the eyes on the iowa or the wapsi. might go up on sunday though. honda, what kind of boat do you have so i can say hey if i see you up there? also, how’s the cedar been doing? we’ve been getting a few eyes on the iowa but they are tough to pattern. what’s been working for you?

andy

honda75
    Iowa

I will be in a lund explorer ss with a 75 honda on it or in a flat with a 30 horse johnson on it. Normally wear my old brown camo duck hunting coat and just carhartt bibs. That should be a good enough discription. I was on the cedar today and managed 4 eyes all over 15 biggest being 19.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Looks like i’m gonna hit the wapsi tomorrow. We got about a dozen eyes below the coralville “tube” today but they were all short. had one good one on but he got away. I’ll let you know when i’m going to the gut next. Again, what’s working for you on the cedar??

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Andy- have any extra seats in your boat tomorrow?…

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Luke,

Man, you missed out today buddy! I already told you about it and this is not the right thread but I’ll post tomorrow when i get the one picture we took in the iowa/wapsipinicon river forum.

Andy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.