Pool 4 Update 12-10

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I just wanted to make a quick a report on the fishing on pool 4 today. The sauger have really come to life with the warmer weather. I had about 30 boats here today and I talked to quite a few of them as they were leaving. I didn’t talk to a single boat that didn’t catch a limit. The average size of the kept fish was running about 15-17 inches…..not too bad for an average. Still lots of little ones to keep you busy too!

Best depths seemed to be in the 20-30 foot range. The fish are spread out all over really. The center of the channel below the dam is holding quite a few fish. The area below the “Y” has really turned on as well. The edges of the deeper hole above the vermillion river wingdam has been a guaranteed go to spot for numbers and size too. Downstream anglers are reporting some nice catches. Hay creek and just below the high bridge have been producing some nice fish.

The hot bait really varied from boat to boat today, but overall, I would say I heard plastic was the #1 method today. SuperDoos continue to rule the plastic bite, but ringworms and power baits have been good also. Kalin tails are still producing some fish as well. Hair jigs (both plain and tipped with minnows) were also a favorite of some anglers today. Hot colors were crayfish, black, purple and blue. And of course jigs and minnows were the choice for others today too.
    The water temp is back to about 34 degrees or so. The river was basically ice free and the ramps are in great shape here. Get out and enjoy the rest of the week. This may be our indian summer we were all waiting for. Good fishin!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

nice report… guess I will be joining the crowd on Wednesday.. and once again…
    Doo or Die!!….
    Super Doo
    to the rescue!…..

Jiggernaut
    Plymouth, MN

Steve,

Being one of those thirty boats, I concur. We spent the afternoon pulling floating rapallas on 3-ways, what a gas. The nice part on the 3-ways, all the fish were legal and there were lots of them.

Dale Brekke

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

thanks Steve, I haven’t been down for about 9 days now. am looking on getting down on fri, thanks for the report. Jack…

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

So what your telling me is I should pull the boat out of the garage,hide my ice auger,pack a lunch,and head south?Dang.Steve,could you call my boss and talk him into giving me 32 more weeks vacation so I can get caught up hunting and fishing?Please!…LOL

larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

sounds like now is a good time to get out there i will venturing up there soon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.