POOL 4 INFO

• walleye
    COGGON,IOWA

Hey guys planning on heading up to pepin friday morn. Couple of us guys are gonna take the wifes for the weekend. I know you have had alot of rain. Looking for any info. With the high water My normal spot are not gonna play out very well. Thanks for the help. WALLEYE

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The upper river is high, dirty and there’s a lot of big “stuff” coming down. For the most part, fishing has been slow. The lake has been better when and where you can find some cleaner water. I haven’t been out on the north end of the lake in a couple days but when I was we had about 4 – 8 inches of visibility…. not good. With the water falling slowly now I would imagine things have improved to some degree. The lake is almost certainly your best bet for numbers.

Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

The lake should be in better shape when you are there.Pull cranks on the breaklines.Lower end the is the best right now.I talked to my buddy and he has been up there all week and Maiden rock has been producing small ones.Bigger fish down the lake and by the willows.Get out early or go late.From noon to 4:oopm has been dead.

jigger2001
    Rochester

This may be kinda late , but was out last weekened trolling. The breaklines in 10-12ft and 14-16ft near flats MN side seemed to put out a few good fish. Trolling cranks longline and leadline. This one went 26 1/4″ and the guy I was with put a 25″+ in the day before using the same technic, so they are there.

Good luck

Aaron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.