Lake pepin 6-17 and 6-18

• Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

I had the plesure of sharing my boat with Chuck from West Des Moines and his son Dave from Le’Suer Minn. As everyone knows the temps outside were a little warm.Water temp was 75 degrees and clarity was stained.We pulled cracks and live baited leeches and the lower end of the lake.The willows produced small fish and the action was wide spread.I even moved close in and pitched some baits in close to the flooded willows.For you small mouth fishermen this was constant action.Well I went back to old reliable and got out the planner boards and line counters.We trolled the breaklines that were holding fish.They were all nice eaters and the key depth was 13 to 15 ft. Pulling #7 shad rads and Berkly frenzies.Crawdad and Fire tiger were again the color of choice.Walleyes seemed to go for the Crawdad and the saugers went for the fire tiger.When things were slow we went back to the flat by the willows.This never did pan out this trip but the guys were happy to learn about running boards and opperating the line counters.Well cant wait to get out again, and hopefully We dont get anymore rain up north.Here are some pictures.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the update on your trip Joel . You’ll have to make a sales call and give me a detailed report .

See ya in the store soon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.