Pool 4 Sun

• muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Well the good word for the day for my boat was fish all day, being amused only a little bit to BAM! 30 mins of non stop pole bending action! And of all things for me to catch them on a stinking ringworm As long as they had some shade of blue in them worked best for us. Dragged them a tossed them, but throwing onto a shelf and dropping them off got the nod. Big fish of the day was a 22″ male, largest female went 21 1/2″. Actually the only other female that we caught today was 18″ all the rest were 18-22″ thick healthy males. Beautiful day on the water, catching some fish just a bonus to the day, only thing that could’ve made it any better was a 12 box.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi MM.

sounds like a pretty good day. pole bending action of nice fish keeps us awake at night. thanks for sending a post, sure hardly any for what had to be a busy weekend on the water. not sure if folks are not getting around to writing or the fishing might be slow in some areas and not worthy of a post. AM heading down in the morning for all day. will write back tomorrow night. Jack..

brett
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Three of us were down on Sunday from 8-2. Pretty consistent action all day both at the dam and by the Y. We primarily caught saugers, the two biggest were around 19″ with a number of others in the 15-17 inch range. In the morning we found that jig/minnow combos were putting more fish in the boat. Around noon the bite switched to jig/plastic. The best producer for our boat was an orange fireball and a blue superdoo. I will say that this was the ugliest looking presentation I have ever seen but the fish sure responded well too it. All fish were released today as the majority that we caught were females that looked like they were about ready to burst.

jhalfen

Two of us were down from about noon till dark. Not having the confidence yet to venture downstream, we played bumper boats above and below the Y. We put a pair of 20″ walleyes in the boat in the first half hour, then sporadic saugers through the afternoon and a short burst of walleye activity after the sun went below the trees. Everything on plastics, yellow or blue ‘doos on a 3/16 or 1/4 oz orange jig head. Everybody was CPR’d.

PaulV
    Eagan, MN

My partner and I had a generally slow day on Sunday. We couldn’t maintain anything like a consistent bite. Every time we thought we had something going, it would die out. We cast, verticle jigged and dragged. Tried superdoos, ringworms, K-tails, bucktails and minnows. We did get a variety of species, though, including walleye (biggest was a FAT 23″), sauger, northerns (up to 28″), largemouth, smallmouth, silver bass, drum, and one big carp.

Although we had a disappointing day for numbers of walleye and sauger, the weather was sure nice!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.