Guttenberg??

• luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I Saw probably 30 boats at Guttenberg, does anybody have a report?
    Luke Haugland

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

A buddy of mine is getting a little taxidermy/bait shop going on the north end of town. He said guys are catching eyes and sauger below the damn and also getting some panfish above the damn.

–Whitey

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

It was basically the dead sea on Saturday and has been each time I have been up this year – SLOW! Hope it improves…
    Chuck

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

30 boats? When I go, I’ll have to use a vacation day and try for a Wednesday or Tuesday…maybe it will be less crowded.

Anyone know how far down from the dam the river is open?

Regards,

Joe

traumatized
    eastern iowa

As of sat it was completely open down to the first set of wing dams. I’m sure Sun’s temps opened it up more. If you go next week Joe drop me a line. I’m planning on hitting the river everyday. Want to get down to Bellevue for opening day (just for the pagentry) . But will hit Lynxville, the gut or Bellevue any other day.
    C.J.

jimmyofish

Was at Guttenberg on sunday,caught a lot of little fish in the tail waters, but seen the guys pulling raps were doing better on bigger fish.Caught a lot of eyes all the way down the channel, but most were smaller, and a few saugers below the wing damm below the boat ramp. D,N.R. creel reporter said it was slow all weekend.Keep on fishing.JIMMMY O

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

I’ll let you know if I go, CJ. My mother-in-law is here for another week and a half or so, so next week will probably be my only chance to get out for at least a month or better.

Thanks for the update on the river conditions.

Regards,

Joe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.