No Snow = just as many fish on pool 4

• Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

After such a good day on sunday i couldnt help myself but to go back again. Me and a buddy took the trip yesterday again. Got out at about 1 or so. Went right back to our honey hole and had 7 fish on the first drift then went back up to drift again and had 17 fish on that one. The action for us stayed pretty much the same for the rest of our outing. We did go and try a few other spots and did catch fish there but not as consistant as we have been. Between the 2 of us we ended up with 49 fish. We had 5 saugers, 1 of them hitting the tape at 20″ and another at 21″. We had 4 walleyes that would not have been legal. we also did end up catching 2 northerns that ran close to 30″ All the fish we caught were released as neither of us needed any fish. We didnt have the numbers of big fish but most all of our fish ran in the 17 to 22 inch range. All in all it was another great day out on the water. wont be back out again until saturday.

Walleye Fool

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

22″ around 3lbs or so.

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

Hey man, nice report, nice fish. You draggin or vertical jiggin and what baits are you using? Thanks

Tony

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Jim, I hope your back doesn’t get sore bending over for the pics to hide the background! . Nice fish.

raideriowa
    Waukee, Iowa

Ok you officially just gave me a serious case of fishing fever …… wow …. very nice day …..

cody christians
    Blue Earth, MN

We are going up this weekend. Is it the best to fish up by the dam or are more bigger fish being caught farther down the river? We just want to caught some bigger fish and have had trouble in the past to find the bigger walleyes. My boys and I want to caught some big walleyes. Any Advise?? Cody

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I would say it would be in your best interest to stay up by the dam. I have not ventured down any farther than everts resort so i cant say for sure. I would say just stay around the major crowds of boats and you will probally have a good chance for some nice eyes. But dont forget to try and stay out of the hole. I know there will be boats there but you wont find your big fish there.

Walleye Fool

KirtH
    Lakeville

If you look closely, you can see in the reflection off the water, some certain trees,hmm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.