LYNXVILLEAND GENOA TAILWATERS

• jimmyofish

WATER IS GOING UP LIKE CRAZY,THEY RAISED THE ROLLERS THIA MORNING,AND THE BITE WAS OVER, WENT ON UP TO GENOA AND FOUND DIRTY WATER AND MORE CURRENT,CAUGHT A FEW NICE EYES IN 10 FT. OR LESS, BUT IT WAS VERY SLOW.WATER TEMPS WENT DOWN WITH THE SNOW WATER AND THAT ALSO SHOWED UP ON THE SAUGERS.STILL NICE TO BE ON OPEN WATER.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Holy snikes, I just checked the flow for Lynxville and she is rolling at 55000+ I sure hope it slows down by Saturday

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

The Corps of Engineers strives to ruin yet another weekend for me! I can’t believe they let those guys in the army!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Went to Lynxville this morning and got some really nice fish for about 20 minutes on ringies before they raised the rollers. Just like that….. Nothing! Seems like it’s always something. Oh well, had a great 20 minutes and still better than being at work.
    Does anyone know a trick or tactic for getting those eyes when the flows are screwed up like that? I’ve always heard they tend to move shallow, but I tried everything today and nothing worked. Any input would sure be appreciated!!

Good Luck to all!
    D. Andrews

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

It takes them a little bit to get situated ..but going shallow is the key..that or some type of current break

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

Being a new arrival to the upper Midwest (east-coat native-no walleyes or saugers where I used to live and fish) I lack the experience and expertise of many of you, but I have had some limited success under these fast and high water conditions.

What was key for me was essentially doing what ecnook is alluding to. We 9-5 guys can’t let open rollers on a weekend keep us from the water (unless its flooding and potentially hazardous ), or we might not get another chance til the following week. I have found getting a bit farther downstream from the dam, closer to shore in some of the calmer breaks to be a worthwhile approach. We would drift with enough thrust on the troller to keep the jigs mostly vertical and keep boat noise to a minimum, or we would drag Dubuque style jigs very slowly. However, I realize too, that in some areas at this time of year, the farther you head downstream the more likely you will find pack ice and other navigation hazards, so heading downriver may be impractical.

Still no baby on the ground, but my wife and I are hoping any day. It’ll be some time before I make it out on the big river, but it sure is kewl to hear everyone’s war stories. Sounds like it was good time up near the dam before they pulled the cork…

Regards,

Joe

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Thanks a lot fellas! I’m always learning and willing to try anything.
    Thanks again and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

D. Andrews

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.