Lynxville Dam Iceout again

• FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

It’s good from the launch to the dam.Let’s go FISHIN…

Good Luck

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Good deal. We will be there tomorrow around daybreak. Sure hope there is something happening there, it was pretty quiet at Genoa this morning But, on the bright side, I was fishing from the boat

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey AmWatson, Was there a lot of boats at Genoa? Did you guys catch anything? Gonna go to Lynxville in the morning, first time out this year and I’m pumped!!!!! Probably see ya there!
    Good Luck to ya!!!!!!!!!
    D. Andrews

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

There were 20+ boats when we left with more coming. There were fish being caught, but 90% were small. We will be in a Blue Lund Rebel with a 30 hp Yamaha (3 of us) If you see us stop and say Hi

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

is there a bait shop south of dam or in lansing

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Falling Rock bar is right across the road from the launch. I beleive they have everything you will need as far as bait and tackle There is nothing in Lansing but a bait vending machine

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

thank you, AmWatson

jimmyofish

where can we get a season pass,fishing was great at genoa friday if you knew what you were doing . JIMMY O [your guide to better fishing]

herb
    6ft under

Jimmy, you can get the season pass at the Falling Rock Bar. Haven’t seen you on the site for quite a while. Miss your reports.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Well we tried Lynxville today for awhile before problems arose We caught some keeper sauger later in the morning on hair jigs and pro blue ringworms We then decided to have one of those great burgers up at the bar bvefore we hit it again for an afternoon bite. That is where the problem started. The ice flow shifted and closed the channel so that you couldn’t get in or out Len had a nice channel all broke up before this happened. The North ramp is still usable, but you have to go through a lot of icebergs.

Brian Lyons

Hey Mike, Glad you caught something before the world turned on you!!

I was on call for work today or I would have been on the water. What depth did you find the sauger?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

They were all caught pretty shallow, 13-15ft. We later learned we could have done a little better by going deeper. Len gave us some tips so we could tear things up for the afternoon bite, but mother nature stepped in The weather and the flow was great, but not having fished there before we had a learning curve to get over. There will be better days coming up

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

caught eyes & sauger 15-40 ft all day, jigg’n green & minnow

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome Silverstreak. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey AmWatson, Sorry I missed ya on Sat. Talked to your friend Tony before you guys got there. Had a pretty good day except for the ice! Definitely worth going though. We started out shallow also. Took us awhile to figure out we needed to be deeper…to stubborn I guess. Be up there on Tues. Maybe I’ll see ya sometime.
    Good luck!!!!
    D. Andrews

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

dandrews-Tony pointed you guys out, so at least I got to see ya Did you guys forget something right away in the morning It looked like you made it all the way out and turned around and went back. Anyways, yep, we were too stubborn to go deep as well. It took us until later in the morning to finally boat some fish

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Yeah, we filled out the parking pass and put the money in and left it in the truck. I’m glad we remembered right away bacause DNR was checking when we went back. Don’t need $50 price tag added to the trip, that’s for sure. The first trip of the year always seems to have a lot of bugs that need to get ironed out.
    Take care!
    D. Andrews

walleye24
    NewHartford IA

Not complaining but just asking, why is it we have to pay at the Falling Rock boat landing? I believe the fellow outdoorsman already pays enough in taxes,fishing license,boat registration,boat trailer license.

herb
    6ft under

I understand how you feel, BUT, if you lived where I do down here in Iowa, where we can’t even get a courtesy dock to use in the summer in Louisa county, and have nothing but 5 miles of gravel to drag your rig over just to get to the water, you’d surely appreciate the facilities they have in wisc. and minn. I’ll pay the fees any day to have good ramps, parking, and roads going to them.

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hi Gofish,
    I think the reason we pay is for up-keep and maintenance of the ramp and surrounding area. I never really thought about it much, just paid. I figured it was going to a good cause. I’m pretty sure it is. Great place to launch either way!!
    Good Luck!

D. Andrews

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Gordans Bay Landing (across from the Falling Rock) is well worth the $ fee…This place has some nice docs to use for loading and unloading..It even has a garbage can or 5 around the area to dump your refuse…I have seen the porta pottie there too…

This is a county landing and is kept up very well and I thank all involved in doing so !!

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Can anyone tell me what the daily and annual fee is? Just want to be sure I have it covered if I go up. Thanks, Chuckles

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Unless the prices have changed which i haven’t herd of..the annual is $20 and the daily is like $2 or $3 bucks…

Good luck and keep in touch !!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.