Pool 4 Friday– Steve!!!!

• frostbite
    South Metro

Checking weather. We should be down on friday. We will try not to wake you too early . Do you have the b- fish video down there, or do I need to order it? Can’t wait to get on the open water.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Yup, I do have the video here. Don’t worry about waking me up too early. Heck, I actually had my first cup of coffee in me by 5:30am today! That’s earlier than normal, but I expected a pretty big day with the awesome weather. Had about 21 boats here today. I’m sure somebody will post their results. In a nutshell, it has been a “fair” bite the past two days. Probably better today than yesterday (when there were 9 boats out). Reports ranged from “we had our 12 fish limit of big sauger in an hour”……to the guys that caught 4-5-6 fish all day. The majority I would say had limits or close to it. Didn’t hear of anybody getting skunked! . It’s definitely not the hot spring bite, but worth the trip. No secrets on the baits….Plastics, hair and minnows all had their fair share of nods today. Mainly near the dam…vs the “Y” or Hay Creek. 20-30 foot range….natural colors worked best in the plastics such as firecracker, stewart pro-blue, and oyster shell. Hair colors mentioned were orange, perch and purple. Sorry for the vague report, have to run to town, but you get the idea. Good Luck.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Steve, that is a pretty good “out the door” in a nutshell report, for an old timer. sure sounds good. almost came down with Steve but just could not do it this week. hopefully next. Steve, Steve has been getting excited about the white bass we got into down there last year, and wants to get into them again, when does that start going?????? FrostBite, if you get down there in the morning please come back with a report, good luck.. Steve, I will call soon. Jack..

frostbite
    South Metro

I will Jack leaving lakeville about 8 a.m.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Jack, that white bass run starts at the tail end of the walleye spawn….around the middle of April or so. It usually runs through May and into June. Once the high water comes, they will move in and stick around for a month or a little more. They are a blast to catch on hair jigs when they’re up there thick! Talk to ya later.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.