Pool 4 update

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I thought I would give a little update on pool 4 open water fishing, however there has only been 5 boats out all year!!! Thats right. Four boats on Tuesday and one yesterday. The VERY limited reports I have heard are that the bite is fairly tough. Hay creek may be worth checking out if you’re going out. That area seems to be the last “hot spot” I have heard of since my return from vacation. I did have a chance to go out for only an hour Tuesday…..I managed 3 legal walleyes near the dam casting ringworms (chart pepper). I think the fish are there and willing to bite if you are able to handle the cold. I fished rip-rap and 1/8 oz jigs.

I know lots of people are wondering where all the reports are for pool 4, but the answer is that nobody is fishing to give any reports.

I have one of the ramps open and in good shape in case you’re wondering. Good Luck and pass any info along you may have. Thanks.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Thanks for the update Steve. will probally be making our normal trips down there soon . Thanks again.

Walleye Fool

frostbite
    South Metro

Steve- I fish there quite a bit. I just registered a few days ago great to see you guys on here. I am ususally one of the few in mid winter. It’s great to be down there catching fish with only a few boats around. I will be down there pretty soon.
    Thanks for the reports.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Frostbite!!!

Welcome to the IDA!!!!

Where else do you fish, since you live in the South Metro????

frostbite
    South Metro

Hi Gary, thanks for the welcome. In the summer I fish red wing and the Mn river, shakopee area. Not much in the way of lakes, too crowded. I want to start to fish pool 2 more, not far from my house. This is the first winter in a couple of years I have fished much if any at all. Doing well on Prior for panfish, not much for walleyes. I am going to fish North lake on saturday, with my nephew. (Stopped by belle plaine area earlier this week, but the ice was not too stable.) I need to do some jigging for bigger fish, pike and eyes. I want to try some new areas by hastings. I’m in lakeville so the drive isn’t bad. Our plan was to start at North lake early for some crappies, then on to the tressle area. Never fished either one, so it should be fun.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome frostbite. Glad to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want. Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report Steve. Nice to have you back. Thanks, Bill

chappy
    Hastings, MN

How’d ya do Sat? Were you able to walk down river to get to the “Tressel”? I have yet to make it that far.I fish pool 3 all the time,1 place you can’t overlook would be Lake Isabel in Hastings. Average Sunfish, Big Crappies. Only 4′ deep though.

evileye
    Milan Il

Welcome to the site Frostbite,look forward to your post’s

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome Frostbite!
    Love your choice of handle and even more your signature file!

Everything that’s wrong in the world can be linked to golf ~unknown

frostbite
    South Metro

Made it back to the tressle on thurs. I had two bites. None made it through the ice. My nephew and I were marking fish most of the time, just sniffers though. Very cool area. One older guy came down the hill drilled two holes (downstream of us) and did catch one med. eater eye. We fished below the tressle. Ice was thin on the right as you come throught the bridge, STAY LEFT. but you already know that don’t you. I am going to try isabelle. I’ll try to give you a heads up before I go chappy. thanks for the help.

Brian-
    everything wrong OR everyone wrong? hmmmmmmmmmm. Ever hear Robin Williams bit on glof?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Woo Hoo! One boat out today. They had a 12 fish limit which included some dandy sauger! First good catch in some time. No specifics other than at the dam. I didn’t want to pry as they were the only ones fishing and I respect not giving up their location. They did mention it was about the only spot they could catch em. Lot of good this report does with all the snow forecasted in the next two days. Next week looks as if will shape up quite a bit. Should be time to hit the water again.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was really hoping the weathermen were all smoking crack again. I wanted to come down on Sunday, but it sounds like it’s going to be a little chilly yet.

riverfan
    MN

All,

I’m planning on fishing Monday and Tuesday, weather permiting. I don’t have a partner yet and have room for guy if anyone is interested. My boat is a 14′ flat so it’s not first class. I’ll be away from a computer so call me 651-564-0603.

John

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.