Pool 9 heat’in up

• FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Picked up the newer boat last nite and got in it around 1:30 to take it out for a ride with the wife and dogs and of course I put the rods in and a bucket of willow cats and it paid off.We stopped on my favorite wing and casted out.With in 5 mins got a 16″ so I rebaited and threw out and nailed a 8.8Lber and I also forgot to put the net in the boat so this became a real challange but with alot of luck we got it in.10 mins later I got another good bite this one went 7.5Lber So all in all this was a good couple of hours on the water.Released the small one and the 7 but the big one was injured so it will go on the wall.Hated to do that but it won’t go to waste.Try the willow cats!!!!!!!

P.S. the other boat is still for sale

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

Good stuff. This front comin’ down has me a bit concerned for Friday’s prospects, but I have to go fishing when I’m able, front or no front.

We are tentatively planning on heading up Friday morning and making a day of it. I have heard a lot of stuff regarding these willowcats, is there any special trick to using them? Or do you just fish them the same way you would minnows on a Lindy? I might just have to stop by and try a few…

Regards,

Joe Jiacinto

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice fish! Any eyes moving up around the black hawk park area? You fishing wing dams close to lock or further down river? Isn’t the water coming up down there, lotta junk in the water? Thanks for the report.

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Water is gettin better everyday the closer you get to Genoa the worse the weeds get.

Niteeye
    Nashua,Iowa

Good lookin fish Len! I’ll be seeing you in October. J.D.

firefaus
    Iowa

Call me silly but what are willow cats? and where can I find some?

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Willow cats are a small bullhead looking type creature but they are there own species also known as madtom.No one knows if the eyes hate them or love to eat them.I’ve been using them for years and it seems like when the bite slows down you can always get the eyes to hit them.All I can say is that they do catch fish when used properly

Good Luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.