Weekend Fishing Buddy Needed

• schmidttr
    Ramsey, MN

Now that hunting season has opened, I have lost my weekend fishing buddy to those darned air-breathing creatures. Any one out there open to fishin’ with a newby occasionally? Ciao!
    -T

danwi
    westby wi

what part of Fla? I lived in WinterSprings just outside of Orlando

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Jeez Trina, I’ve been dreaming of a woman like you. Where were you 20 years ago? Oh, Yeah! You were a teenibop and I was 25-lol. I’m sure you’ll find a fishing buddy here. Good luck and Good Fishn to ya!

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

I better show my wife this post …it might get her to shape things up a bit and mend her ways seeing that there is potential competition…

I’d love to Trina, but then again, maybe not.

I have no idea where Ramsey is (I am a newcomer to the midwest-transplant from Maryland) but I suppose I would take you fishing; heck my wife would have no problems with it if some of my buddies chaparoned me ; and besides, they are mostly all single guys, one actually happens to be a Floridian to boot…

Regards,

Joe Jiacinto

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I guess it depends on which Ramsey, MN she’s from Joe. There’s a Ramsey, MN near Austin, and another Ramsey, MN in the TC.

Here on Marklar, all marklar, marklar, and marklar are referred to as “marklar.”

schmidttr
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve been out fishing this weekend and haven’t been back here. Good to see the responses.

Dan: I’m from Pensacola. Right now, I’m thinking that my next and very last move of my life will be to central FL. I love it there!!

Jim: I hear that a lot! As you can imgaine, every time I go out, guys are always making comments about the rare site of a lone female fisherman. The guys at work tease me all the time. My boss always asks me if work is interfering with my fishing. I always respond OF COURSE!!

Joe: I moved out here Nov. ’03, so I’m still learning all that MN has to offer. Where in MD did you come from? I worked in MD (south of DC) a few years ago.

John: Anoka/Ramsey area… north of the cities.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Well, that puts you about 6 hours from Joe and I, but there’s a whole cast and crew of IDA members up around you (we’re just the Southern stragglers).

If there’s any “must do’s” in Pensacola, pass them along. I’m down there every couple months for work (Eglin).

lineupguru

Trina,
    What lakes or rivers do you like to fish? I could always use a another person in my boat. I spend most of my time on pool 4 of the Mississippi and Minnetonka for Walleyes locally. I fish Upper Red for Craps in the spring and winter. I have took some vacation time in the following week so I will be hitting the river alot weather permitting. You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
    Pete

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to IDA walleyeguru!!!

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

Trina:

I am a native Marylander. I grew up just outside of DC, got my BSEE at Penn State and my MSEE at John Hopkins in Baltimore.

Fishing for ‘blues and ‘rock in the Chessie, as well as flyfishing for browns in the Allegheny mountains was my schtick before moving to Korn Kountry. Woodcock and grouse hunting over my bull-headed setter rounds things out.

Lately, before taking the job at Collins here in Cedar Rapids, we were living in northern Maryland about 25 miles NW of Baltimore near a town called Westminster; not too far from Gettysburg, PA.

The Midwest is awesome. I feel totally at home here. I miss the tides, salt air, and fishing in the bay, but the mighty Mississippi has been a worthy surrogate. Walleyes are challenging to figure out and wonderful table fare.

Good luck finding that fishing buddy…

Regards,

Joe Jiacinto

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Heads up guys!
    Trina can catch 29″+ walleyes to boot!
    That big walleye in Trina’s profile put my buddy and I in our place very quickly!

Good luck Trina! You have come to the right place.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

If you’re interested in the St Croix river drop me a note @
    [email protected]

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I have been toing well on the smallies close to your back yard.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.