Lake Pepin

• WALLEYEHUNTER
    MN.

Just wondering having never fished pepin in the spring is there good spots that a person should check out ? I have heard that the bay city area is pretty good in the early season. Is this true? Any information would be appreciated thanks

GeyePilot
    Hayfield, MN

The Bay City area can be good at times in the spring, depending on what type of fishing you’re doing. You will also see lots of people jigging points all over the lake. Some of the more popular spots are near/around Lake City, Long Point, and across on the Wi side, the head of the lake area, and the rip wrap shorelines from L. City all the way to LaCopoulis. I like to get ’em in the spring trolling crank baits along the shorelines, in, around, and between these areas – usally near rocks. Look for FTR postings from James Holst and others as to

the hot depths and size of baits to use.

mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

Right about now the mouth of the Chippewa River just below Lacupolis should be starting to heat up. Head up the Chipp and on the right side you will see a little inlet. Last time I was up there a large tree had fallen just into the water below the point. The name of the point is Whiskey Point. You can see it on a HotSpots map. There is a deep hole right below the sand point and the shore is a sharp drop off right below the deep spot. Can nail them with a crawler, ringworm, hair jigs, twisters, pretty much anything. Throw up close to shore and bring it down into the hole. Good Luck and I hope it helped!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.