Pool 3 Gathering

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

A few years ago I posted a message on Walley Central to get together one week night and meet some of the people I had been messaging with. That’s how I met bulging eyes, I mean Crossin Eyes and scumbag oops I mean Waterfowler, both of whom I have fished with plenty since. Well at least one of them…….Anyways I thought I would try again. Maybe one week night in the foreseeable future we could meet on Pool 3 and rendezvous at the Gem Bar for a bite and a drink???
    It’s a cool place to hang with the overhanging deck outside. It’s a perfect place for fishermen to stop. We could then continue to assault the nearby waters.
    I know it’s hard to get a group to commit but if at least 3 boats were interested it would be alot of fun. Especially for a weeknight. Let me know what you think. If enough people are intereseted we’ll work on a date.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Pick the date and if at all possible I’ll be there! Great idea.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

James-If enough people are interested I’ll ask for availability and pick the night most can attend. That would be sweet if you could make it. Seems to me there’s a spot around there you like…

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Sounds like a great time. I’ll be there if my schedule allows.

Gator Hunter

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I’ll try to attend if at all possible. Next week (July 5th) won’t work for me. Would you plan to eat before or after fishing? Also, do you know if we could use the Diamond Bluff ramp? I haven’t been there in about four years but back then I thought there was a sign that said it was for residents only. I can’t believe it would be a problem if we used it on a week night.

Boone

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Not sure about the ramp. I would be putting in at Prescott.
    I’m going down there tonight so I’ll check on landing availability. This looks promising. I’ll wait till tomorrow or so before working on schedule to see how many more are interested. Ball park I would say we would be looking at either the week of July 5th or better yet the week of July 12. Maybe later if that’s what it takes to get enough people together. A Mon-Thur night would be considered week night but more on that later. I’ll pick this post up tomorrow. I have a feeling Crossin Eyes and Waterfowler may have a few choice words for me.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ll be up north all next week but after that is ok.
    You can only launch in Diamond Bluff if you are a resident but you can always launch in either Prescott or right at Evert’s. Either is only a short hop to The Gem.

Gator Hunter

gary_wellman
    South Metro

To just drop a note…..

To honestly make this work is just pick a day and lock it in. If it is worthwhile (which this does sound like a good idea), people will come. I highly recommend a Thursday. People are getting piped up for the weekend and the work week is starting to dwindle down. Once it is established, people will start to show.

I’m part of a Sportsmans’ Club. We shoot every Monday. If you can’t make it………to bad, next week. But people make it work. Things like this can be a blast. The Sportsmans’ Club is easy, close, ton of fun. We fire up the grils with wild game, open the fridge after shooting for adult beverages (slightly above cost), pull out the playing cards, and just BS!!!! It is a great way to start the week!

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

I’d definitely be game if the date/time works! It’s always great to be able to put a face to a name.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

How about July 15th?

I’ll be launching at Everts and locking through. Like g’hunter said its just a short little hop to the north.

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

i have two boys in ball ,that is going to be ending here shortly ,the next two weeks anyway . i can do it then if it has not happend by then.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

IM in When???
    Sounds Like a hoot!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Count me in also. I’m coming from Treasure Island. The 12th or 15th would be ok.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Let’s plug in some dates then. The 15th is out for me because I’m leaving the next morning on a fishing trip.
    So how about July 12-14, or 22 or 26-29. Let me know what you can make out of those and I’ll zero in on one. I wish I could make it the 15th for James but I have to be home packing that night. Hopefully he can find a day out of the choices above. Man I hope the weather is good to us. I was out there last night and it was beautiful. The traffic was down, and the temp was good. The Gem is still standing and they even painted the deck and cleared some brush for a better view. Steps are the same. Long and steep. There is a temporary no wake in place through the whole stretch due to the Grand Excursion. Let me know on the dates above and I’ll lock it in.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Bulging Eyes??? You B*stard! Where’s the love??

I like Thursday the 22nd best. I’ll be there.

Pops
    Big River, WI

Sounds like a good time. The Gem is stoomping grounds for me. As far as the Diamond Bluff landing! It is a public landing with a 5.00 launch fee. There is plenty of parking about a 1/2 block from landing. Only problem is there is no landing dock. The shore line is deep enough and sandy so you are able to beach the boat will parking if you are alone.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That’s fantastic information Pops. Is it self-serve?
    I noticed a few boats there from a distance last night. Do they have a mini marina going on?

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

22nd works for me!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Just because I decided to work on my basement last Sunday you start calling me names. Since my feelings are just slightly hurt, I’ll try to make it to this “event”.

I agree with Gary, pick two nights a month. If people can make it, great, if not, see you in two weeks. Here is looking at you Mike:

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

July 22 is starting to look like a good choice however I am waiting to hear back from James. Since he expressed interest in going I think it would be nice to have him join us so I’m giving him a chance to help set the schedule. We could certainly try to do this more than once but experience tells me interest will wain and I at least want to get one night in where several can/will join. More to come.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

As a result of me having to “work” the week of the 12th, That week isn’t going to work. 22nd or the 26th would work.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have not heard back from James so I’m going with July 22.
    I’ll post a new message once we get closer but let’s try to meet at the Gem Bar between 6-6:30. That should give everyone plenty of time after we meet to fish and get back where they are going. I plan to be on the water around 4:00 and fish a couple hours before getting there. I think Crossin Eye’s will be with me. I’ll post a reminder message in the next two weeks and one the week of the fishing night. Looking forward to putting a face with the name for those of you that can make it on July 22. Seeya.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Heck yeah, the 22nd works for me! Shoot me the meeting time and place and I’ll add this event to the calendar. Maybe we could make this a regular thing!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.