Upper Pool #4 Fishing Report

• farmology

Headed down to Everts on friday for the weekend. Stopped in the bait shop to pick up a few jigs and some insight from steve. Headed out on the river water temp was 48 degrees. Tried several spots with a lots of extremely short fish. We switched from pitching plastics and a jig and minnow to trolling Denver rigs .50 to 1 mph started in 24 fow ended up in 12fow caught a nice mixed bag of sauger and eyes. Headed out saturday morning found the fish moved deeper 18 to 24 fow pulling a Denver rig and and a three way stick rig both caught fish with purple being the top producer for eyes and hot steel for sauger. We tried a lot of different presentations but the rigs and sticks did the best for us.Caught and released lots of nice fish took a limit home for dinner and a sandwich or two. Thanks Steve and Kari for your hospitality and hope you all get over the nasty colds.Good luck out there everyone stay warm the fishing is getting better by the day.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Thanks for the update Farmer , It was good to see you guys again .

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dandy ones!

How’s the night bite been…for us guys that work weekdays.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Good to see you Sunday. Looks like you guys had a good weekend . Heres my best from Sunday. Doc and I caught a pile of eyes saugs and crappies.

Phone loaded pic sideways

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Good to see you Sunday. Looks like you guys had a good weekend . Heres my best from Sunday. Doc and I caught a pile of eyes saugs and crappies.

Phone loaded pic sideways

..I have seen you loaded SIDEWAYS BE 4.!… ……..rrr

farmology

Nice to see all of you and river dan and his crew. The night bite has been fair at best. Nice fish jesse sounds like u guys did well also. Time to go to work good luck out there.

rogan

May I ask what a Denver rig looks like?

Thanks, Rogan

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Was it invented by John Denver?

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Nice to meet you guys Saturday afternoon…thanks for the tips!

Ryan

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

he was full of something, man …

rocky mountain hhhiiiiiiigggghhhhh in colorado

btw, went to deans/hq to order some d-rigs and apparently rrr has been slacking lately – “unavailable; check back later”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.