Pool 2

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone get around to check the landings on pool 2 over the weekend? With the warmer weather this week hoping something opens up again real soon.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I checked mid last week and nothing looked good.

Hopefully soon – Steve at Everts is probably getting sick of me.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I checked mid last week and nothing looked good.

Hopefully soon – Steve at Everts is probably getting sick of me.

From what I heard, after fixing his computer he wanted to hug you….in a manly kinda way.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I went ice-fishing saturday. 1 two lb northern and lots of standing around. So quit your crying boys!

Joel

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

On the way to Pool 4, 494 Landing still had an ice sheet out in front of it extending down the rip rap 100+ yards, although the ice looked like it was rather weak. Hopefully soon…did not look at Lilydale.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

There is a ton of ice up river of 35e. That area is going to need some time.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

I will head over after work today and check it out.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Somebody was out. There’s a boat sized channel chopped through the ice at the 494 access!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Yep, its open. Let the good times roll

-J.

josh a

Any tips for fishing that area this time of year?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Any tips for fishing that area this time of year?

Put the boat in and go enjoy the day. vertical jigging works well.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I was on Warner Road at 5:10 p.m. yesterday and saw a boat with 2 guys up by the airport.

Report please!!!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll be putting the boat in at 494 in about about an hour. Report later tonight.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Good to be back on P2! 4-5 other boats out today. Hit the airport and a few go to spots on back to 494. Only one fish for my boat. Cory picked up a small northern. Ramp is good to go. Not too much ice today on the water. But plenty of shore ice that needs to let loose.

First 2013 open water trip for the Ranger. Fired right up. Bonus day. Didn’t break nuttin’

-J.

Northeast MPLS

It’s amazing how quick that ice goes out with this nice weather!

I travel over the Broadway bridge twice daily and on my way home today it sure made a ton of progress, I was hoping that 494 was making the same progress.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to fishing Friday evening and saving some money on fuel from trips to pool 4.

Be careful with floating ice, especially during low light periods. Have fun and be safe.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Took a look at Lillydale and Hidden Falls over the lunch hour today. Both no go IMO. Lillydale has an ice shelf out 20 yards or so. Ramp is still covered in snow. Hidden Falls is snow covered. Shelf is only a couple feet out, but the lip would bottom out most trailers.

The main channel is clear all the way up. So looks like it’s fishable if you want to make the run all the way up from 494. (or drop your boat on the ramp and slide it in at Lillydale or Hidden Falls. Miss my jon boat!)

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Miss my jon boat!

Why don’t you buy one Jon?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Timing is everything, BK….Timing!

-J.

Northeast MPLS

Thanks for the updates Jon, can’t wait to get out there myself!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like Hidden falls ramp is open.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Any decent reports from over the weekend? We got a few hours in yesterday up near the confluence with out a bite. Still nice to get the boat back on the water. Will be back out later this week looking for them again. They dont get super fat this time of year by not eating.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Any decent reports from over the weekend? We got a few hours in yesterday up near the confluence with out a bite. Still nice to get the boat back on the water. Will be back out later this week looking for them again. They dont get super fat this time of year by not eating.

Similar results for us on Saturday.

Northeast MPLS

I fished until about 7:30 Friday night- nothing! Didn’t even graph much during the afternoon hours by the airport.

I was down at 494 – spent my time on rock and wingdams.
    Talked to another boat that ran all the way to the confluence, no bites there as well.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I used the 494 ramp and fished from about 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. on Saturday evening without a bite. I pitched some wing dams and with plastics and blades, and also dragged some shallower sand. Had decent results on some of these same places late last fall. Water temperature was about 37 F.

Hopefully next time….

Boone

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.