Pool 4 Jan 8

• Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

It’s been a long time since I was on the open water and even longer since I made it out on pool 4 (late May was the last time ). At least that means my boat should last that much longer since it’s not been used much right

Anyway, Tuesday presented me with a rare opportunity to take a day off AND it just so happen a buddy of mine was also off that day. A brief look at the weather and a plan was formed to hit the open water

Of course Tuesday started cold and foggy – unlike Monday and Wednesday… at least we were still going. The 2 hour drive had us to the water around 11:30 and after a brief stop at the shop we were putting the boat in the water. Thanks to Steve and Kari (and everyone else) for keeping the ramps in great shape. I also did not mind the reminders to drain the trailer

The fishing was good with plenty of saugers and the occasional walleye being willing to hit a jig and plastic jigged or hovered just off the bottom. We caught plenty of fish and brought home a nice batch of “eater size” saugers. There is no mistaking a nice hard smack of a walleye or sauger hitting that jig and plastic – gotta love it

We also drifted into a mess of channel cats which had us thinking about BK topped off with this nice 11# channel. Even a few of these were caught in or near the mouth.

Overall a great afternoon on the water. No monsters for us but a great time and no real disasters other than a chuck of ice that wedged between the boat and trailer on the way out and dragging the skeg a bit in the road while heading back to the ramp to float the ice out sorry John

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

BEt that big channel put a nice bend on the walleye rod!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No real monsters? That 11 pounder isn’t a dink!

Oh, I see….the saugers you were talking about.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Even a few of these were caught in or near the mouth.

It is a sad day when you have to bend over and apologize for catching fish legally.

One eye
    Albany ill

Nice fish

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.