Bellvue IA can I get my boat in?

• jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I am thinking about pulling up to Bellvue this weekend . I just don’t want to drive an hour north if the ramps are not usable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

A buddy at work went last night and is going tonite. He said the ramp was wide open but he said getting to the Illinois side was a little tricky. He said he had 2 nice saugers and a handful of other missed hits. I will talk to him tomorrow and get the heads up. Feel free to pm me and I’ll try to get back to you. Dan

cupspits

Sounds fun let us know how the ramps are

Rabbithunter
    Marion, Iowa

You can definitely get your boat in. Actually the Illinois side was froze up but all the ice has moved out. Ramp is open, fish are hitting. Lots of sorting. Good luck!

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I fished yesterday from before light till noon. The bite was very good for us. We had walleyes up to 24 inches and a few saugers that were 20 inches. We fished alone most of the day. Up at the dam most of the fish I seen caught were small. What a drop in temps yesterday, when I left the house it was 42 degrees when we got to the ramp it was below freezing. The big saugers and walleyes were released, they are packed full of eggs. We kept 10 fish . Pitching ringworms before light produced most of the walleyes and vertical jigging later in the day for the saugers.

cupspits

Does anyone know if pool 13 dam area is still ice free and what launch is good to go tx ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.