p4 report 12-27-12

• p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Steve was awesome. Had the ramp flawless for boneheads like myself working through silly conditions. Things I learned today….

1. My 690 can float my trailer!!!!!
    2. Even when the river is locked up with ice by everts you can plow through it and get to fishable water. Steve actually plowed the first trail all the way up for guests! Wow!
    3. Even when a suzuki 140 wants to shut down due to safety features- such as the water immediately freezing as it enters the motor, impeller, etc. if you keep turning the key she will rallly through and start peeing after a while and run flawess the rest of the day.
    4. When ice chunks are apprx 3inches thick your boat will simply drive right onto it without breaking it.
    5. Ice chunks get larger as the day progresses.
    6. When boat is frozen to trailer, create some current with your motor for a few minutes and then walk up to your spare tire on the trailer, put your foot on it, grab the rail on bow, push down with foot on tire, and pull up on rail and she “should-worked for me” pop right off!

Hopefully the temps and flow come up for steve and kari’s sake. Fishing was outstanding for us. Vertical was king today, ringorms in chartreuse orange core, and mini moxi motor oil chartreuse tail. Silver sparkle Jigs. Beautiful fish, realeased the super prego sumo saugs. Nice mixed bag/limits of legal eyes and saugs. Also released a sauger over 22 inches. Thanks Steve for having the ramp open for us to have a heck of an interesting adventure today! Much appreciated!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I’ve done that before!

Sounds like you guys had a great time fishing!

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Absolutely!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

If I could get rid of this work thing I would be right there with you

Glad to see you and others are getting out and having a good time

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This is a great post. The play-by-play had me feeling like I was there experiencing it with you first hand.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Quote:

I’ve done that before! ..You have never had a 690. Stink bait in a 690.? I dont think so.! …rrr

buschman
    Pool 2

Thanks for sharing! I put my boat in the warehouse today and miss it already reading your post. Pretty cool of Steve drop a road in the ice for everyone. Thanks again and good job getting out there

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the kind replies gentlemen! I realized that I posted mini moxis- i meant mini pulsars for anyone heading out. Mini pulsars have been my new best friend since early fall. Very versatile. Unbelievable dragging, pitching, and surprisingly vertical with very little flow. Now THAT is a sweet bait!

One eye
    Albany ill

Sounds like a good day of fishing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.