Pool 2 Pig Report

• procor
    Mounds View, MN

Well, last night was one of the last warmest nights they are forecasting for quite some time, so of course, we were out. I had two other guys with….

The fishing had some of the fastest action at times with a fishing being taken every third cast. At other times it was trying different weight and different colors to see if they wanted something else, repositioning the boat with the structure to give a different presentation and to trying different depths.

As the night progressed past midnight, the fishing became tough as rod guides and hands began to freeze in the brisk wind that never seemed to die down. We tried to pick breaklines and structure that best kept us out of the wind.

Dragging and casting jigs worked the best with the majority of all fish coming from 9-12 fow. Numerous 21″-24″ we’re taken with the two biggest of the night being a 25.5″ and a 26.5″…. But FAT! These piggies are still packing on some weight…

The ramp was just starting to freeze when we pulled out….only four boats were out last night. The colder temps are keeping people home from some of the best fishing….I am not complaining

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for the report. Sounds like some great fishing. Going to try and make it out in the snow tonight. Its just not a complete fall of fishing with out filling the boat with snow at least once. That weather next week is not looking to good.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

I like the video…nothing beats fishing Ina boat, catching fish with the snow falling…good luck tonight!

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

We endured the wind also boating approximately 15 fish from 6:30 to 10pm. Most were 16-20inch with few over 20. Big was a fat 25″ All our fish but one were draggin jigs/plastics. I did get one on a stickbait and bouncer. Water temp was 40 degress. It would been nice if not for the wind. This draggin bite was good Sunday night for my parnter as well. We missed as many fish as we caught, but the ones that hit really thumped it. One pick is of a 17 inch with the jig inhaled. Hopefully this is not the end… soft water all winter!. We’ll be back

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The fish where still going last night. Weather was fantastic to. Light winds and a little snow made for a great evening on the river. A pair of 27″ers made our big fish for the evening. The one hit a white pulse R on the end of a wingdam the other as we decided to drag a little farther in on the dam.

Think one of the best parts of last night was having the entire river to our selves.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Here are our big fish from last night.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Almost forgot to add that we started out our trip yesterday a little early trying some vertical jigging at the airport. Picked up three fish there in the one drift we made and missed a couple more. Might have to check this out a little more next time out.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice fish guys!

-J.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Nice fish Mike! They continue to get fatter…

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Mike’s fish has a serious eating disorder. She must only be interested in the sweet fat shad.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.