Kiss My Rump

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

The Minnesota sportsman are the people responsible for putting the “clown legislators” in office that dictate this drain plug rule, next election pull their plug !

I was in Home Depot yesterday and who should happen along….none other than one of MY legislators who happened to vote yes on this. All smiles, garlic breathe. The conversation was nice to start, but this issue came up and I politely mentioned that I would cross party lines to vote out any of those who voted pro for this crapola. I don’t think she understands just how big of a cluster…. they’ve created here. I agree though….nail’em when they want to continue “serving” you well.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Hell yea! Minnesota sportsman “pulling the plug” on those responsible for this legislation. It has a ring to it!!

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

The law is the law. Can we just move on now. All you have to do to be legal is remove the drain plug while trailering. Dont overcomplicate this issue. People are trying to get worked up over stupid shid like yeh but there’s still water in my hull. Just pull the plug and get over it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I think there is more to it than just pulling the drain plug to be legal now. Also included is transporting of any water. If you think just pulling the plug is going to remove all water thats not the case with a lot of boats. How many boats have you seen going down the road when every time they step on the gas or take a corner water comes out the plug hole? I know mine holds water up front when setting level on the trailer. Would bet many others do to.

So now I in order to drain all the water out of my boat it needs to be on a hill. Most likely this means the landing. No big deal. Plenty of time to stop the boat on the ramp, get out, pull the pug and watch until the water stops draining. Nobody is ever in a hurry at the boat landing anyways.

Now what to do with the rain water and moisture that accumulates in my boat between trips Im not sure.

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

If you cant sleep at night because you think the AIS police are going to go through your boat and find illegal water in hidin compartments then you better seek profestional help. Seriously guys all you can do is an honest effort to remove plugs and vegetation from your watercraft.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

The law is the law. Can we just move on now. All you have to do to be legal is remove the drain plug while trailering. Dont overcomplicate this issue. People are trying to get worked up over stupid shid like yeh but there’s still water in my hull. Just pull the plug and get over it.

This post is for people that dont want to get over it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

If you cant sleep at night because you think the AIS police are going to go through your boat and find illegal water in hidin compartments then you better seek profestional help. Seriously guys all you can do is an honest effort to remove plugs and vegetation from your watercraft.

That and pay the tickets when you get them.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Quote:

This post is for people that dont want to get over it.

Right on, Suziki. Right on.

Edit: I just realized that we may have a different perspective on whether we should get over it or not. But you’re right either way. Good stuff.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I just got confused by the water trapped in the hull. There’s no way out of this one. We all law breakers if they want us to be!!! Back to basics. Ride fast, ride low and stay out of site. Dodging the law is still a feasible option.

KwikStik
    Trempealeau, WI

Quote:

MN can’t enforce it at the WI landings since it is a MN law.

Now I’m talking about boat plugs here. WI has their own set of rules for transporting live bait away from the water.

(That are much more fisherman friendly…and make more sense.)

Thanks!

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

The dnr are everywhere… got stopped tonight in a remote location on pool 2.. good luck hiding from them lol

Trent W
    Chatfield, MN

I had a few questions about the AIS laws, so I contacted the DNR. Here’s a little info I received from them:

I asked the question about whether pulling the plugs is enough, or do we have to make sure all water is drained
    Pulling the plugs and allowing the water to drain is the main item included in State Statute. There may be a little residual water remaining in your bilge/live well etc. but it would not be illegal to transport your watercraft with that residual water remaining. If you would like to take an extra step to remove that water with a towel or sponge that is up to you; our watercraft inspectors are equipped with tools to help remove that water as well.

I asked about coolers and other items in the boat that can hold water
    Coolers/Ice/Water Bottles are not something that we generally check for AIS. If you’re using a cooler to store fish, however, you should drain that water once you arrive at the landing. A Conservation Officer would look at that situation in a similar fashion to a bait bucket which also has to be drained prior to leaving the access (regardless if it contains lake water or not). Storing fish on ice is a good way to keep them fresh, and if you would like to keep that cooler in your vehicle until the end of the day and transfer your fish into it at that time that would also be acceptable.

I asked about keeping fish in the live well during transport and putting ice in the live well.
    Filling your live well with ice at a gas station is perfectly fine as long as the drain plug is still pulled. Any melt water would drain as you drive.

I asked about the need to remove Duckweed.
    According to State Statute duckweeds do not need to be removed from your water related equipment prior to transport. If you would like to wait until you arrive at home to spray your boat down and clean it off (recommended but not required) that is perfectly legal.

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

There you have it folks. So you should all get a good nights rest, knowing that the secret agents arent waiting for you to pull your boat of the garage so they can nab you .

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Quote:

Sounds to me like you’re part of the problem, …

Quote:

Are you kidding me??? I haven’t taken the drain plug out of my boats for 30 years…

ha lol how is that a problem nothing in and nothing out??? no transportation. a duck has a better chance of transporting AIS than our boats with or without their plug in anyhow. we better start ticketing ducks and herons for not properly cleansing themselves before flying to the next body of water!

deputycrappie
    Near Lake Pepin, Minnesota

This thread seems like a prime candidate for a lock-down. Not saying I agree with this, but bitching about it here wont help anything. I suggest we all contact our legislators about something we disagree with.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

This thread seems like a prime candidate for a lock-down. Not saying I agree with this, but bitching about it here wont help anything. I suggest we all contact our legislators about something we disagree with.

Again. This thread is for us to complain. It feels good and we like it. If you dont like it, ignore this post. Jeez.

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Quote:

This is probably the BEST way to draw attention to a law you disagree with.
    Writing an email and keeping your story to yourself isnt going to do much.
    Im sure Fellegy’s fight against netting would be unknown if he didnt share his thoughts on all these forums. Would his fight carry much concern with legislators if he didnt stir up concern to the public?
    Seems to me this thread has educated a few people on the unclear law (including myself).
    Ok im done ranting, I got to go scrape sticker goo out of the inside of my glove box.

chirp
    Rochester

6 CO,s at Wabasha this morning. Pulled up, plug was not in the boat. Had no problem never checked license. Said have a nice day and we were off.

deertracker

Quote:

6 CO,s at Wabasha this morning. Pulled up, plug was not in the boat. Had no problem never checked license. Said have a nice day and we were off.

There is NO WAY it was that easy. I’m sure they starred you down or intimidated you right? You mean to tell me you followed the law and it worked? I cry foul…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

You fit the correct profile.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ahhh, playing the old AIS profiling card eh Mike?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

He fit the correct profile as a non-spreader. Roll in with hitch nuts and i bet they dig deeper!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Roll in with hitch nuts and i bet they dig deeper!

I’d bet that they’re so bored they even offer to scratch them.

pass0047
    Pool4

Was at the wabasha ramp 2 weekebds ago and over heard officers giving warnings for having plugs in. Was about 6 boats in a line and i got out and pulled my straps off boat and placed drain plug in. They never stoped to check me but likely saw me put it in while waiting.
    So far all the Co’s and invasive species monitors have been more then friendly. If feel that pulling the plugs on boats is not a terrible idea but will only slow down the inevible.

josh a

Quote:

The Minnesota sportsman and voters are the people responsible for putting the “clown legislators” in office that dictate this drain plug rule, next election pull their plug !

Just a question, is the proper use of the boat plug going to be a bigger concern than the economy come election time? I’m not sure any candidate is going to take a hard stance on your drain plug in november.

Viewing 26 posts - 61 through 86 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.