Pools 5 and 5A

• 2Fishy4U

Fished these Pools on 4/1 and 4/2, respectively.

At Alma only had one small Sauger and one small Walleye to show for about 4 hours fishing. Most fisherman were grouped together on the back of an Island below the fishing float, but no one I saw caught anything. I tried a few sloughs and Wingdams, but both fish were caught below the main dam.

The Whitman Dam was even slower on 4/2, with no Walleye or Sauger caught. However, after fishing the Dam, Wingdams and even a few of my favorite sloughs, I headed back to the main dam. Being a multi-species fisherman I switched to crawlers and caught numerous carp, perch and suckers. The Perch were very nice and everyone was full of spawn. I kept three that were deeply hooked and released the rest. Because fishng was so slow I managed to attract some attention due to the carp bite and a few boats headed back to Bass Camp for crawlers.

Hopefully, fishing will pick up in the next few weeks.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for sharing. Keep the reports coming as there is alot of river out there and learning about different pools on the river is exciting. We all learn from each other and I look forward to learning about your area of the river.
    Thanks, Bill

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

April 6 and I don’t even have the motor on my boat yet. Just been so busy. I guess that I have my priorities mixed up. Am planning on getting on 5A tonight/tomorrow at least to wet the line a little. Hope that I can. Anyway, any action the last couple of days?

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Jerry I was out last nite [Tues.] from 6 to 10. We kept 7 fish and didn,t get any big girls. saw one about 6 lbs get caught and released and heard of several others the last few days. The water was 48% and flow was down to 60,000.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.