genoa

• canvasback77
    winona,mn

hey guys first of all i would like to say hi to all!!! I went to genoa today for a bit and it was not a bad bite at all chartruese was the color of choice. I also have a really stupid question……when u are leaving the access towards the dam do u just go along the silos there or is there a better route to the dam?It was my first time out there and that is the way i went and it was plenty deep but i was just wondering if that is the correct way to go. Thanks in advance… hope to see some of ya on the water, i plan on frequenting the area often!!!!!!!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

First off, WELCOME to IDA .That is one way that is plenty deep. But, there is a rock wingdam in the middle of the channel right close to where the water discharge is. I have not been there lately to know if it is visible or under water. I can tell you that if you hit it, you will know . A friend of mine hit it last year and sheared off two blades on his prop. Otherwise, head out toward the dam, veer to the left toward the buoys. Once there, it is smooth sailing to the dam.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Your going out the safest , best way. The bottom end of the closing wingdam you see sticking out of the water also has an opening about halfway between it and the point, but with all the new trees under water you could do some damage that direction. By the Barge tiedowns is just as fast to the dam anyway. By the way you said you will back over this way. Let me just say… you ain’t seen nothing yet….it gets much better and much bigger

jld
    Holmen

Can anybody tell me if there is a tournament this weekend(Saturday) at Genoa?? Thanks

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Tuna’s bar has a big fish tourney tommorrow.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Just left Tuna’s and the tourney has been moved to next week, but you better verify it will be held next week I was told that by the Bartender. I think the intention is to have them every Saturday that another tourney isn’t in town.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.