boat tags

• o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

Was up to redwing today fishing, real slow. Sheriff was checking boats, one guy said “its sitting on the seat in the truck. He got a ticket. Make sure yours is current! Jim

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Ahhhhh….. to protect and serve.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I think they should be giving out written warnings rather than tickets this time of year. Once the ice goes out on the lakes and the “Boating Season” starts, then ticket away.

My brother got one on pool 2 a couple weeks back. Somewhat unfair since the DNR had not even sent out the renewal notinces at that time. He (and others I know) just got the renewals in the mail last week.

You would think the right hand knew what the left hand was doning???!!!

J

LeoKam
    Camp Lacupolis, MN

Its all about revenue for the state, just like traffic tickets.

ScottS3

I am new to this site and even newer to River Fishing. I have a question. What is a boat tag? Maybe a dumb question but I have no idea.

PaulV
    Eagan, MN

They’re just referring to boat registration stickers.

ScottS3

Thanks Paul, That is what I thought, but you never know. I thought maybe you needed some special tag to get in on that great river walleye fishing. You will have to forgive me, I am a lake guy.

DONOTDELETE

We should be careful in talking about revenue for the stateā€¦ Jessie might get some new ideas.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

At least then you could say “he had one”!haha

larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

the state gets us enough the way it is

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hey ScottS,

Like they say, the only dumb question is the one not asked.

If you are hitting the river for the first time there are some rules that you should read up on…. Here are two that a lot of guys get tickets for:

1. If you have an enclosed fuel tank you must have a Fire Extinguiser that works.

2. A horn or a loud whistle.

J.

larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

yeah good point and good info J

ScottS3

Thanks guys. Luckily I do have both, but like I said, I am new to the river but plan to be down there quite a bit at the end of March and April. Anything else you want to share with me would be appreciated. We are going to start on Pool 4, I hope that is a good choice. Any thoughts?

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Good one Steve!

barc
    SE MN

How about a 2002 Minnesota fishing license since they are gonna be expiring in the next couple of days???

Just a friendly reminder to the folks on the board that may have forgotten about the March 1st rule….

Barc

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Scott, it is good to get a good map, one that shows the wing dams. hot spots, and a copy of the Mississippi River guide are two good ones. the river guide is made and obtained by the dnr. it show all wing dams from mpls to iowa. the red and green marker buoys are there for a reason. they mark the channel. when going pt to pt, like on plane at speed, you want the red buoy on the right side when going up stream, the easy way to remember it is : red, right, returning. so then green buoy on the right when going down river. you will be shocked to find out what a wing dam will do to a lower unit. Jack.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.