walleye rod

• slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I just told the last guy, Ugly Stick Dock Runner!

Beyond that, the selections are plenty. Just need to narrow it down to which length. Then again there’s lots of choices.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

TUCR Fusion or JT Gold Digger I like 32 inch

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Are you looking for big fish rod or regular eater eyes?
    Eater eyes— tucr fusion or precision.
    Big fish— tucr precision or commander.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I run the Power Precision for most of my ice walleyes. But the Commander if I am going after known larger walleyes.

curleytail

I really like the Thorne Perch Sweetheart blank for lures up to around 1/8 oz.

Keeps a nice load to keep fish hooked up and transitions into a really nice backbone especially on longer rods. I built mine to 36.

Their Walleye Sweetheart is fairly stout and many would consider that M to MH.

The Bass Khang walleye blank actually has some similar properties too, though it’s a bit different.

Aside from that, lots of customs available for big money, or many off the shelf rods will work just fine for much less money also.

What are you looking to spend and what size fish/what weight baits do you use most?

Tucker

bigstorm
    Southern WI

If Im fishing a lake were I have a decent shot at fish over 22in or so, I use my Commander. Lakes where a chance at a fish over 20in is pretty slim thru the ice, I use my Fusion or DH Customs Perch Pounder

I just recently got the 30in JT Gold Digger, seems like a perfect fit between the Fusion and Commander

The Perch Pounder is nice as well, but doesnt seem to have as fast of a tip as the Gold Digger or Commander

Cameron white

Coming from a lake Winnipeg guy, do you really need a MH? Unless your on a big walleye lake, med would be a better choice. I run the 42” Elliot, commander, black reign and a gold digger up here.

olas88

Coming from a lake Winnipeg guy, do you really need a MH? Unless your on a big walleye lake, med would be a better choice. I run the 42” Elliot, commander, black reign and a gold digger up here.

Dang that is a nice setup!!

Eric Roz

What model of Black Riegn do you have (34″ medium, 38″ medium heavy)? How do you like it? I currently have a 36″ perch sweetheart and am looking for a rod for larger lures. Can’t decide between the TUCR Commander 36″ or JT Outdoor Black Reign (not sure which model). My preference is for a rod with a little more give in the tip for the head shakes (ie. not a broomstick). Thanks.

Loren I Duerr

Just built myself a vline walleye wrecker 36in love it so far.

Cameron white

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cameron white wrote:</div>

What model of Black Riegn do you have (34″ medium, 38″ medium heavy)? How do you like it? I currently have a 36″ perch sweetheart and am looking for a rod for larger lures. Can’t decide between the TUCR Commander 36″ or JT Outdoor Black Reign (not sure which model). My preference is for a rod with a little more give in the tip for the head shakes (ie. not a broomstick). Thanks.

I have the 32” med. nice rod. I have the 38” commander as well. On 7-10 pound fish, the commander for sure. The med is ok for fish up to 5 lb or so, could handle a big fish in a pinch. The commander has a fast tip.

Welder guy

13 fishing makes some good rods as well for all price ranges

ekruger01

Just built myself a vline walleye wrecker 36in love it so far.

Great Blank For sure! His Deadstick is top notch as well!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.