Walleye Replica

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Where would you be taking your business for a walleye replica mount? We managed to catch, photo, and release a pretty nice fish this week on a Pool 4 outing with a lifelong friend.

I’ve never went through with a replica mount, only skin mounts. As I get older I’ve had less interest in killing the fish but have no idea what measurements I should have taken or not. We’ve got a few pictures, length on a ruler, and a weight from a digital scale. Is this enough to have a custom replica that will match a picture?

Thanks for the advice.

jon amundson

Scott Miller in Prescott Wi. One of the best and great prices. Has done 3 skin mount walleyes for me.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20131119_183111_222.jpg

Brady Valberg

Tyler from top notch taxidermy. Amazing.

Last person I would go tom..still has my brother fish going on 3 year…called him numerous times he says yea it’s in the next batch…well 2 months ago called my bro called him and asked…said he molded his fish and would do a replica at the same rate as the skin…never asked nothing…my brother got pissed and then the story changed and Tyler said he hasn’t done anything with the fish yet…picture on his Facebook proves otherwise…picture of my brothers fish skinned out with the tag saying replica from March.
    Hes done work for me in the past but never again Nd ice heard that from quite a few locals around here
    I have no issue calling him out in public either so save your breath if your going to criticize me because at this point 3 years later and no fish….i have every right to

michael keehr

I will second artistic anglers. i had a guy that did a few skin mounts years ago and he was great and asked him to do a replica and he recommended them I was pleased he did.

Cameron white

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cameron white wrote:</div>
    Tyler from top notch taxidermy. Amazing.

Last person I would go tom..still has my brother fish going on 3 year…called him numerous times he says yea it’s in the next batch…well 2 months ago called my bro called him and asked…said he molded his fish and would do a replica at the same rate as the skin…never asked nothing…my brother got pissed and then the story changed and Tyler said he hasn’t done anything with the fish yet…picture on his Facebook proves otherwise…picture of my brothers fish skinned out with the tag saying replica from March.
    Hes done work for me in the past but never again Nd ice heard that from quite a few locals around here
    I have no issue calling him out in public either so save your breath if your going to criticize me because at this point 3 years later and no fish….i have every right to

Not my place to criticize you.

Mike Johnson

Scott Miller in Prescott does great work.

David Blais

I second SCOTT MILLER. I dropped my fish there.

I snapped a picture of some fish he’s done

He’s very reasonable and just a great guy, after meeting him, I would of spent a lot more

Attachments:
    1. E03A2D1B-2AB8-4A9D-962F-90EEBB0EE1D2.jpeg

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

X3 on Artistic Anglers. Had him do a muskie replica and it turned out great.

Buffalo Fishhead

I purchased replicas of several different species (about 25 mounts in all) from Artistic Anglers for educational and fish identification purposes. These replicas have been hanging in the office I worked in for about 25 years now and they look as good today as the day I hung them up.

I was extremely satisfied with the mounts and have had hundreds of positive comments from the public that came into the office.

In my opinion you won’t find a better place to get a replica fish mount done than Artistic Anglers.

Buffalo Fishhead

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Nearly everyone of my clients uses Artistic Angler. They can take a while (about 2yrs) but the product is pretty dang good in my very critical opinion.

I had some of my clients use a couple different places because they promised a faster turn around. But once the mounts showed up they actually sent them back and ordered from Artistic Angler again. They said it was worth the wait.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.