VMC SureSet Trebles

• Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

In the reaearch I’ve been doing recently it appears as though VMC has eliminated the SureSet treble hooks. They aren’t available on their website, and the only place I’ve found any is eBay. Any ideas on a solid replacement?

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I believe there was a post a few months back, and they are named something different now, I think vmc still makes them tho

Lund1775
    Plymouth, MN

Lure parts online carries them. I just ordered a bunch. When on there home page, go to close out and incredible deals, then click on treble hooks. There you will find the 6x strong click there the the other 2 options for the sure sets will pop up. Decent prices for bulk, quick shipping as well. Hope that helps.

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

Lure parts online carries them. I just ordered a bunch. When on there home page, go to close out and incredible deals, then click on treble hooks. There you will find the 6x strong click there the the other 2 options for the sure sets will pop up. Decent prices for bulk, quick shipping as well. Hope that helps.

Thanks Chris! Much appreciated!

Lund1775
    Plymouth, MN

No worries. Love those hooks.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Agreed. Incredible hookup percentage with tipups / ifishpros. I’m in full on hoard mode.

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Chris Ellingboe wrote:</div>

Agreed. Incredible hookup percentage with tipups / ifishpros. I’m in full on hoard mode.

Hear that? That’s the sound of my wallet getting just a little bit lighter… See ya this weekend!

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I ordered 50 of them from lure parts online a few months back. Great deal. I love these on my flags and rattle reels

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I did not see this asked maybe I missed it why would they discontinue this product it works great!

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks guys, I looked for these last year and couldn’t find any. I just ordered some also.

I am surprised they are discontinuing them also.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I did not see this asked maybe I missed it why would they discontinue this product it works great!

I’m sure the sales were not high enough to justify the cost of having a unique production setup to make them.

As a die-hard tip-up & iFishpro fisherman I may have have over 100 of these set aside so that I NEVER run out peace

Will aka “Mr tip-up”

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Will, what’s the best size for small to medium (under 8”)suckers?

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I usually run #4 for shiners or good 4-6″ suckers and never have had problems with them. Will may have more knowledge and better insights.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Will, what’s the best size for small to medium (under 8”)suckers?

I usually use a single #4 for small suckers and #2 quick strike rigs for medium or bigger suckers. In my experience since this is not a finesse presentation the larger hooks do not deter fish.

For shiners I use a single #4 or even #6 hook. The most important consideration when fishing minnows under a bobber is that the hook gap width needs to be larger than the width of the minnows back.

Will

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

Last season’s IDO Insights with James titled “Rigging Set Lines” lays out size selection really well at the 2:55ish mark.

bpholl
    North Metro, MN

Are you using the larger hook of the three to hook on the Minnow?

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I just received my Jann’s Netcraft catalog and they still sell them p48 red and black nickel in sz 2,4,6 at 4/$3.29. I’d better order some.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

What size do you guys go with if using fatheads? or do you not use a treble?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.