Vinyl or carpet

• Chris Hesselberg
    Holmen Wi

Looking to replace the flooring in my boat. Has astro turf style carpet now. Was wondering if anyone has went with vinyl instead of carpet and how they liked it? Have an older lund aluminum bass boat with front and back fishing decks. Thanks in advance

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Vinyl is friendly to using a pressure washer to clean, but I find it is slippery when wet. I prefer carpet

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Prior boat I replaced the main floor carpet with vinyl when it became time to update. Much easier to clean. Soap with a scrub brush and rince. I do take care of my stuff and I will clean it often. Not like OCD often. My opinion: Carpet looks great in the showroom. In the real world – not so much. Current boat had snap-in carpet on main floor. I removed it and it will go back in when it goes up for sale.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Laminate?

How about a roll on type of bedliner. Not slippery and pressure washer friendly

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Vinyl is easy to clean quickly but I have done well keeping my carpet clean and carpet is never slippery like vinyl.

pass0047
    Pool4

Did Herculiner in the bottom of my boat 2 years ago and very happy with results. Did grey to keep from getting too hot in summer. fished Rainey river last year with snow and ice and did not get too slippery.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

…carpet is never slippery like vinyl.

Then you’ve never caught an American eel! devil

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I run a tiller and have the vinyl in the C0ckpit area and carpet for the rest and it works very well all year.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Hooks don’t get caught in vinyl either. If being slippery is the only concern, mats work great.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

You can just get a snap in carpeting. Done it on previous boats with carpet to keep original looking good. It is standard on my ranger. I have fished in many boats in saltwater all are glass floors and are slippery I like carpet better. Pressure washer cleans it just fine.

Chris Hesselberg
    Holmen Wi

Hey pass55057 is the herculiner rough on your feet? Thanks for your input.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.