vikings vs Cardinals

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Under five minutes, can they pull it off?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As a fairly objective viewer, I’d say they looked pretty good considering the injuries. They just didn’t take care of the football.

That reverse play call baffles me.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

What were they doing throwing the long ball? Cards were giving them the short ball and all they had to do was play for better field goal position to send it to overtime. I’ll take Walsh over Bridgewater(Ponder2.o) long ball any day.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

As a fairly objective viewer, I’d say they looked pretty good considering the injuries. They just didn’t take care of the football.

That reverse play call baffles me.

They did look very good all things considered, their three best defensive players out, on the road AND playing a very good team.
    The reverse was a strange call for sure. They’ve had zero luck all year with that play. I think Bridgewater looked and played well after the beating he took on Sunday.

This team is like Cybil with multiple personalities.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I did not get to watch any of the game, but looked through the box score and the drive chart.

Too many turnovers and how does Bridgewater get sacked and fumble when they are within field goal range?

They gave that game away.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Too many turnovers and how does Bridgewater get sacked and fumble when they are within field goal range?

Because bridgy sees the preasure to late then he goes into deer in head lights mode. If he cant run backwards he gets flustered when throwing down field and he waits to long on his decision making. He should have never been put in that position.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

I need to watch this show all over again. lol

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

I need to watch this show all over again. lol

You could just be like me and constantly be cycling through it! Such a great show. DAMN!

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I did not get to watch any of the game, but looked through the box score and the drive chart.

The clock in Teddy’s head was good and he tried to move up in the pocket, but Freeney just beat Kahlil straight up. That’s what an Analyst on SportsCenter said.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was 100% wrong. I thought they’d miss the tying field goal, then in typical vikings fashion, fail to even make an attempt. devil

Still a fun game to watch.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Listen – You can hear it. The Vikes sucking us in again. Obviously the Cards didn’t take the Vikes seriously. If they had to play tonight the Cards would win by 21.
    and why did it take Norv 13 games to figure out play action?

P.S. get rid of AP. running backs do not win championships. QB’s and coaches do.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It all came down to two things, turnovers (players) and situational awareness (coaching). How can you not know you are in FG range, and NEED a FG to tie. What was the risk vs reward of running 1 more play, with no time outs ? And the play call, a stand in the pocket type play.. not a roll out, so you can dump outta bounds without intentional grounding type play…..? The risk was HIGH and the reward was what, maybe another 4 or 5 yards, provided the guy gets out of bounds… can’t believe how we can always come up with an even dumber way to lose a game… my poor wife thought I was gonna lose it as I was SCREAMING at the TV… “why run a play ? kick for the tie !”….. then try to get some sleep after that bs, so sorry in advance if I am a little crabby today !!!! flame

(oh yeah in typical Viking fan fashion I gotta say.. who here knew that a ball was not fumbled, if it pops out before your elbow or knee is down, but it is “touching” the outside of your fore arm as you go to the turf, it is not a fumble…? I didn’t….)

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

my poor wife thought I was gonna lose it as I was SCREAMING at the TV… “why run a play ? kick for the tie !”…..

My dog was giving me the look…..

Agree with G’s post 100%

-J.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I’ll concede the blind side fumble at the end of the game but I thought there were 5 plays the Vikings went 0-for that made the difference.
    1) Munnerlyn’s bad angle doesn’t push the receiver out of bounds resulting in touchdown.
    2) Wright fumble
    3) Peterson fumble
    4) Rhodes doesn’t come up with an interception
    5) negated interception due to off sides penalty

big_g
    Isle, MN

Don’t even get me started in Rhodes drop… doah

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

(oh yeah in typical Viking fan fashion I gotta say.. who here knew that a ball was not fumbled, if it pops out before your elbow or knee is down, but it is “touching” the outside of your fore arm as you go to the turf, it is not a fumble…? I didn’t….)

Didn’t see the game……could you explain?

big_g
    Isle, MN

In the 2nd quarter, Cardinal fumbles, as he is going down, the Viking rips the ball from his grasp… the ball is on the outside of his forearm, when his left elbow hits the turf. Vikings challenge, replay shows the ball not in his grasp, but it is literally laying along his fore arm in dead air… after the ball hit the turf, clear recovery by Vikings. Vikes challenge, Ref watched replay during commerical break, came back , he announced play stands as called… Nantz kinda asks Barrera (sp) about it and he says, because it is still touching his forearm, it is considered controlled, says good call, end of discussion. I call bullshit all day on that….

CaptainMusky

Nantz kinda asks Barrera (sp) about it and he says, because it is still touching his forearm, it is considered controlled, says good call, end of discussion. I call bullshit all day on that….

Have you honestly EVER heard the “former NFL Ref guy” say that whatever call they came up with after a review was wrong? I haven’t. Had the call been reversed I can guarantee you he would have said good call. The ball is coming loose…

JoeMX1825
    MN

It’s all about the turnovers, I thought the Vikings played one of their better games of the season, but turnovers in the redzone will kill you almost everytime… I was really encouraged by Teddy’s play (You can’t pin the end game strip on him, if Freeny gets blocked 1/2 second longer, Teddy makes that throw.)

We now have 10 days to get our players healthy and make the final push towards the playoffs.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>
    Nantz kinda asks Barrera (sp) about it and he says, because it is still touching his forearm, it is considered controlled, says good call, end of discussion. I call bullshit all day on that….

Have you honestly EVER heard the “former NFL Ref guy” say that whatever call they came up with after a review was wrong? I haven’t. Had the call been reversed I can guarantee you he would have said good call. The ball is coming loose…

I agree with the Captain, Perrera isn’t going to “diss” his “good old boys”.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Same scene at my house G, lots of yelling. Very reminiscent of the Broncos game, down by three, moving the ball and then a strip sack.
    I like Zimmer but he still has learning to do, time management, strategy.
    It was a tough one to watch.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

In my opinion, Teddy’s clock is a 1/2 to 3/4 of a tick too slow. The kid has to get rid of the ball. I hope he learns this with some time in grade. Clearly the Vikes gave that game away after an outstanding effort by the practice squad of defensive players.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I’ll concede the blind side fumble at the end of the game but I thought there were 5 plays the Vikings went 0-for that made the difference.
    1) Munnerlyn’s bad angle doesn’t push the receiver out of bounds resulting in touchdown.
    2) Wright fumble
    3) Peterson fumble
    4) Rhodes doesn’t come up with an interception
    5) negated interception due to off sides penalty

You forgot one…..Kalil failing at his job once again on the final play!
    They need to replace him by next year. For a first round draft pick and the money he costs WOW! The guy gets beat all the time and how many penalties does he draw???

big_g
    Isle, MN

There should not have been a final play… it should have been the FG try to tie, way too many negative variables to even try to run a play… especially the stay in the pocket one they chose…. doah

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m still not sure if the Vikes looked good, or if AZ was just looking so bad that the Little Sisters of the Poor would have looked like contenders last night.

Absolutely TERRIBLE ball management, clock management, and play calling enabled the Vikings to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And yes, I know they were playing to tie, but that’s just proving the point: The tie WAS (would have been) a victory. But they blew it.

When Bridgewater set up for another play with 13 seconds, I was yelling, “You’re out of timeouts, you idiots!” I honestly thought he was going to take a snap and then take a knee and call a timeout that they didn’t have after letting the clock run down. That’s the only possible way I could make sense out of what I was seeing.

As it turned out that was not the plan.

People keep saying I’m wrong, but this Vikings team keeps proving me right. Another night of playing B league football against an A league opponent. The Cards played so badly, they made the Vikes look good, and the Vikes still managed to lose in pathetic fashion after failing to even tie the game.

Don’t get me wrong, I want the Vikes to win and get it together, but by any realistic assessment as a team they are way, way, way short in multiple areas. No amount of pointing to bright spots and possible wildcard slots changes this. There are just too many weaknesses on the team and on the coaching staff to make them into a serious team. Lots of work to be done in the off season.

Grouse

big_g
    Isle, MN

I totally agree…. our coaching/managing sucks. Can they not think a play ahead ? What on gods green earth were they going to accomplish by running 1 more play ? Man I am really ticked about this one… flame fumble the game away, miraculously still be in it and then have the clowns on the sidelines blow it… the defense impressed the hell out of me,(minus Rhodes and his pick 6 drop and the blown coverages along the right sideline, 2 TD’s)…. as banged up and as many back-ups that were in there, they shut down the #1 offense pretty good. But the fumbles and bad play calling, they won’t get you anywhere in this league.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

You guys are acting like this is something new to a MN sports fan? I have started to find it comical that week in and week out there are new ways to blow games. The odds of us blowing a lead is high and the odds of us coming from behind are almost zero.

big_g
    Isle, MN

we are 8-5 so…. just that we should be 10-3… or better. Finding new ways to blow games, never gets old here…. doah

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You guys are acting like this is something new to a MN sports fan? I have started to find it comical that week in and week out there are new ways to blow games. The odds of us blowing a lead is high and the odds of us coming from behind are almost zero.

LOL. I was saying the exact thing last night with my rube neighbors as we drowned our sorrows. I keep getting sucked in.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.