Vikings 2024 NFL Draft Post

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah ??? just read Vikings draft pick Khyree Jackson died in an auto accident!!!!!

CaptainMusky

Sad deal Glenn! Sounds like 3 people killed. Drunk driver likely.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That’s awful. Any death is tough, not trying to address it differently because he’s a pro athlete, but damn, think how excited him and his family had to have been after getting drafted and about to start his first NFL season.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

nothing good happens after midnight……..dam shame and you never know when its your time. LIVE YOUR LIFE

LabDaddy1

Damn. Yup, live it. But not too excitedly. Trying to find a balance can be tough, especially in the formative/blossoming years.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

nothing good happens after midnight……..dam shame and you never know when its your time. LIVE YOUR LIFE

yep, i agree…….maybe not 30 years ago!!! woot rotflol

now i’m lucky i make it past the 10 news!!!!!!!!! doah

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Christian Darrisaw extended for 4 years $113M with $77M guaranteed, making him the highest paid tackle in the NFL by APY. This is a great signing imo, he’s already in the discussion for best tackle in the league, and is only 25 years old. Also, next offseason the Vikings will have over $100M in cap space, Kwesi has done an awesome job turning the roster over and creating cap space.

CaptainMusky

Yeah I love that signing. No chance we would have been able to do it with Cousins still here.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The only bad thing I can say about Kwesi sofar in his tenure is the colossal failure of his first draft, other than that, he’s been making really good decisions and has the team’s priorities in order, especially financially with the cap…

His and KOC’s tenure will ride on JJ’s shoulders…

Dan
    Southeast MN

I also was glad to hear that news, and I agree that Kwesi is doing a good job building what we have so far, locking in key players, and setting the team up to have good cap space after next year. If they have hit on their QB pick (McCarthy) and can sign a few top FA pieces next offseason they will be set up with a good roster for years. And they’ll need it, because the rest of the division is also trending upward.

JEREMY
    BP

Got Duke Shelley back. Oh boy.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Got Duke Shelley back. Oh boy.

The only thing I remember about him were his elaborate celebrations when the WR he was “covering” dropped a pass where he was wide open…He would then “Keyser Soze” the other 99% of the time when they did complete catches on him…

pet peeve of mine with NFL DB’s…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Going to be a interesting year for the Vikings ( Then again they always are ) Right now I have no idea of what to expect for a record. They could end up 5-12 or 13-4 and neither would surprise me. If I had to pick a record I’d say 10-7. Like always I hope they do better. They are in a rather tough division so I think a 10 Win season would be good.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

“Keyser Soze”

Great reference!

They are in a rather tough division

Maybe, maybe not. Seems like every year a division looks tough, and then a couple 2-3 teams end up being paper champs. I remember in 2022 when KC had won a SB already and were coming off a loss in the AFC title game the year before, Chargers got Khalil Mack opposite Bosa and Herbert was coming off 5k yards, the Broncos traded for Russell Wilson, and the Raiders added Devante Adams and Josh McDaniels. At the time it looked like the toughest division ever. Now 2 years later 3 of those teams have new HC, 2 have new QB’s, and it’s KC’s division by a mile.

Detroit has to show they are built to last (I think so), but it’s different when you are the team everyone is coming for. Packers have a lot of new pieces and a QB sitting out for a contract, that he will surely get, but how long does that take? And can he build off last year? Tape is out now. Chicago is Chicago, and there is a ton of pressure and egos depending on Caleb Williams stepping into being the man immediately. And the Vikes have a bust veteran QB and then the 5th QB taken in this draft leading an otherwise pretty good roster. A LOT to be determined across the division.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I really hope KOC doesn’t cave to the pressure of playing JJ… if JJ truly deserves it then great, but please dont cave… The amount of media dissecting each and every throw in practice is just stupid..

Ripjiggen

That’s like someone putting a brand new ranger boat in my driveway and telling me to use my old boat for a few weeks/months because the new ranger is not fully equipped yet. jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

That’s like someone putting a brand new ranger boat in my driveway and telling me to use my old boat for a few weeks/months because the new ranger is not fully equipped yet. jester

I just want to avoid rushing and not putting lower unit oil in the motor, forgetting to charge the batteries and forgetting to put the plug in…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I think McCarthy should sit awhile too. Hopefully KOC is a good judge of timing.

Ripjiggen

He is not exactly sitting and learning from Joe Montana so there is that.
    I believe KOC knows what he is doing with QB’s. If he doesn’t we are kind of screwed either way. I’ll trust his decision making in that department.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Alright Vikings faithful:

Who is your off the cuff (current or former) NFL Player Comparison for JJ McCarthy? I had a long haul to measure for some windows today and this question came up on some random Sirius NFL station.

Answers from those 4 people were:

-Alex Smith
    -Ryan Tannehill
    -More athletic Kirk Cousins
    -Teddy Bridgewater with a better arm

…I’m currently leaning towards Ryan Tannehill. Athletic, good NFL arm, at best average accuracy, and carves out an NFL career being a very average starter

Dan
    Southeast MN

He is not exactly sitting and learning from Joe Montana so there is that.
    I believe KOC knows what he is doing with QB’s. If he doesn’t we are kind of screwed either way. I’ll trust his decision making in that department.

From everything I’ve seen KOC does not want to make mistakes with rushing McCarthy. Any talk of rushing him comes from sports talkers on tv and radio or fans that just want something new right now.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Who is your off the cuff (current or former) NFL Player Comparison for JJ McCarthy? I had a long haul to measure for some windows today and this question came up on some random Sirius NFL station.

-Alex Smith
    -Ryan Tannehill

…I’m currently leaning towards Ryan Tannehill. Athletic, good NFL arm, at best average accuracy, and carves out an NFL career being a very average starter

A more athletic Tom Brady. If JJ becomes the Vikings franchise GOAT and is a Hall of Famer I’m not going to be a Johny come lately to the bandwagon. I’m already there on record from the start.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

A more athletic Tom Brady. If JJ becomes the Vikings franchise GOAT and is a Hall of Famer I’m not going to be a Johny come lately to the bandwagon. I’m already there on record from the start.

I love this energy! And along these lines I’d go with a smaller body Josh Allen, big arm, 3/4’s throwing style, plenty of athleticism, and like Josh Allen early in his career needs to tighten up his accuracy. JJ is seemingly a little smarter or further along in football IQ than Josh Allen was, as a national champion from Michigan should be vs a Wyoming alum.

Ripjiggen

-Alex Smith
    -Ryan Tannehill

Get that poop out of here.

Viewing 26 posts - 271 through 296 (of 296 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.