Veterans Benefits

• nord

Speaking about water, I often wonder about the water we drank in Vietnam,68-69, specially when we were out in the jungle. You didn’t always find a river, so you hoped to find a stagnant pool of water, wipe the scum off the surface, fill your canteen up, and the drop a water purification tablet/iodine tablet in it. When you were thirsty I guess it didn’t make any difference how it tasted. It didn’t kill me as I’m still going strong at 76.

Chad

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>
    I was stationed at Camp LeJeune North Carolina in 83-84. This is huge as I plan to retire before I can take Medicare.

I have no input on the VA part of your post, but was wondering if you had any issues regarding the water or whatever I see all the commercials on TV about regarding that base and a lawsuit.

I’m still waiting for them to cover my time in for that issue. I’m USMC from 1999 to 2003. Was stationed at Camp LeJeune and stayed on base housing (TT2). Shortley after leaving, my wife developed a tumor in her lower jaw. We discovered it was due to the toxic water still on base housing at the time. We had to go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester where she lost half of her lower jaw. I went to the VA about this, but they said they could not help. But they did offer me 10 percent disability for my hearing loss and tinnitus I obtained in both my ears…thanks roll

I know the VA does a lot for veterans, but it seems it’s always way later then when we really could use it. Like when I went to college. I went to the VA to obtain information on the GI Bill. They gave me the standard forms and pushed me out the door. Only to find out later I qualified for the “Post 911” GI Bill. I tried to talk to them about getting a refund (to help supplement the medical bills for my wife’s surgery) but was told I had to use it or lose it. Seems like they just offer things a little late and don’t offer things to those who at most times where the only ones in support of us at the time….our spouses.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

You were at Camp LeJeune your intitled to Millions of dollars because of a lawsuit with the contaminated water. Check it out

jon_wbl

I don’t think it matters where you were (FT Benning 86) you never forget the taste of that canteen water you had to drink

Chad

You were at Camp LeJeune your intitled to Millions of dollars because of a lawsuit with the contaminated water. Check it out

This only included those who were stationed there up to 1987. They will not recognize anyone after that date. Not sure why. They still had been trying to remove the old, contaminated water tanks from our yards in early 2000’s. One month before we left (2002), they dug up our yard in the front and said they had to remove an old water tank that was buried and leaking water into our water system. But yet, they still refuse to recognize anything after 1987. My guess is, when I’m long gone, they will start to recognize people up to 2003. Typical government.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.