Vermillion reports ?

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The kid and I are headed up Thursday morning and wondering if any one has any recent reports.
    And I’m sorry if fishing relates things are not allowed here. Please delete if it’s a must. Lol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You might find something over on Muskie First. They have a couple of guides and property owners that post there.

walleyesforme

We spend all our time on Rainy but have good friends that have a cabin on vermilion and he said the fishing has been really good. Last week he said they got 60 walleyes in a few hours fishing gravel humps in big bay. I’ll check with him now to see if he has a more recent update.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We spend all our time on Rainy but have good friends that have a cabin on vermilion and he said the fishing has been really good. Last week he said they got 60 walleyes in a few hours fishing gravel humps in big bay. I’ll check with him now to see if he has a more recent update.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You might find something over on Muskie First. They have a couple of guides and property owners that post there.

I’ll have to look. I never heard of muskie first.
    I’m sure we can get on fish and we usually do good, but I’m just looking for s recent report. We will fish walleye and smallies. Maybe spend a day throwing for muskie

walleyesforme

He said his days off it’s been to windy to structure fish so they have been downrigging. No big numbers but easy limits and nice fish. Even got a 14 inch crappie on a SSR7.

Reef W

Last week he said they got 60 walleyes in a few hours fishing gravel humps in big bay

Dang, that’s a lot of pressure. Maybe I won’t admit to fishing tomorrow whistling

Reef W

I forgot about this… Only went out for a couple hours this morning and it was windier than hell. Went over to Big Bay anyways, because that was my plan and I’m dumb, and it was just impossible to control. Drove around and marked some spots for another day was all I accomplished.

Tommy

Caught a couple muskies in Big Bay yesterday. They seem to be sliding on and off of structure throughout the day.

I haven’t fished any walleyes in some time, but I was marking them off of island points while musky fishing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Caught a couple muskies in Big Bay yesterday. They seem to be sliding on and off of structure throughout the day.

I haven’t fished any <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleyes in some time, but I was marking them off of island points while musky fishing.

Well the kids telling me he wants to throw big baits so we may have a muskie weekend. A quick trip to thorne bros tomorrow is in line.
    What are you guys throwing this time of year

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

august is a good time for burning small bucktails up there. I would have some kind of medussa or bulldawg. I personally really like the mid size ones for a dussa. tough to beat cowgirls or 10/9 sized bucktail. a suick is nice to have to have as well. a beaver is nice to have and some kind of topwater. I dig the bomb squad flaptails right now. if you want to borrow any lures let a guy know.

Tommy

Double 10 bucktails are good in shallow. Beavers, Husky Medussas, and Magnum Bulldawgs if you’re deeper.

Don’t need to get fancy on colors. White, Black, Black/Silver will get you plenty of action.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thank you guys. I appreciate the input. We will most likely try to get our eater eyes and then move on from walleye fishing. Hopefully fast. Neither of us have the desire to target walleye besides for dinner

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The bite was very good yesterday battling the weather. No muskies but walleye were hungry. Never fished deeper then 15 ft for walleye. Jigs and cranks.

Tommy

Nice! I love getting on the shallow walleyes. Probably going to try that for the first time in a couple months next week. Unless my musky addiction continues to take over.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

A buddy is up on Vermilion right now, I believe this is his first time. He’s staying at Hoodoo Point. I told him a bunch of spots to try, but if you are willing to share where you got the walleye, I would love to relay the info to him.

Reef W

Had to try my new leadcore stuff for the first time and it worked well once we got it dialed in. Caught 17 and 8 decent keepers. Used flicker shads in 32-35ft mud.

FinickyFish

Any updated reports from this weekend? Heading up on Thursday with the kids and my folks. Reefs report makes it sound like my old man will get to use his lead core which I have mixed feeling on but should get the kids some reeling action.

If you were casting for smallies what bait would you throw right now?

Reef W

Reefs report makes it sound like my old man will get to use his lead core which I have mixed feeling on

I think it sucks too but it works. Morning and evening I would still lindy rig first but the leadcore was working midday, full sun, no wind which is definitely not conditions I generally can catch anything there. I was pretty happy to catch some fish but wouldn’t be my first choice if other methods were working.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Any updated reports from this weekend? Heading up on Thursday with the kids and my folks. Reefs report makes it sound like my old man will get to use his lead core which I have mixed feeling on but should get the kids some reeling action.

I will be there this weekend, coming up on Saturday. From what I have heard there are still fish shallow too so my plan is to fish that early and late and maybe drag some lead during the midday.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If you were casting for smallies what bait would you throw right now?

Tube jigs and Ned rigs

walleyesforme

I’ve also heard from a very reliable source that there is a very good shallow bite going on. I was told 4 feet of water pulling shallow running cranks.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I’ve also heard from a very reliable source that there is a very good shallow bite going on. I was told 4 feet of water pulling shallow running cranks.

Yep I’m getting stoked for this trip. I could really use an awesome weekend away!

BrianF

You’re talking walleyes, right? Saw it firsthand last weekend, but they were all small. For us anyway. The larger walleyes we saw were in deeper mud.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleyesforme wrote:</div>

You’re talking walleyes, right? Saw it firsthand last weekend, but they were all small. For us anyway. The larger walleyes we saw were in deeper mud.

The walleye I found that shallow were all 13 inches. But the bass were better for us shallow

Reef W

A day behind but finally on my way. Everybody slaying ’em?

Edit: This windy in the woods even is not great. Good thing I don’t have an Impact rotflol

walleyesforme

A day behind but finally on my way. Everybody slaying ’em?

Edit: This windy in the woods even is not great. Good thing I don’t have an Impact rotflol

On a day this windy you’d be better off in a canoe than an impact. Something a little more seaworthy.

FinickyFish

Haven’t been slaying them but mostly due to a mother who will only bottom bounce and can’t handle depth changes without snagging. When my dad and I have snuck out we’ve been doing alright dragging over windy points. Wind didn’t stop us but made boat control a bit finicky. Been getting to some really nice jumbo perch though.

Reef W

can’t handle depth changes without snagging

I’d never do that whistling

It was alright early this morning but wind got ridiculous again. Caught a few Lindy rigging early, then tried leadcore and caught a few more before even that got hard to keep a speed.

Enough to try out the new frying saucer anyways lol

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.