Vaca rec’s

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

We also plan to golf

Tianna and Headwaters are the top courses in the area imo. Longbow just reopened, and I haven’t checked it out yet but it’s supposed to be nice. Otherwise there are some decent cheap options around. If you want a fun and cheap one, Bears Den is a 10 hole with an actual Bears Den in the middle of one of the fairways, the bears are usually gone by now. Usually. rotflol

acarroline

Any ideas to share for a first time boater on Leech? I’ll talk to bait shops and marina, use electronics, And try to figure out some fish and places to safely tube with the family. More places to be aware of with rock piles and/or low water is my main question, Concern areas. Looks like a week of boating, beach, golf, side trip to mississippi headwaters, afternoon chasing pike at federal dam, and many trips to Reed’s for gear I don’t need (haha).

orve4

Longbow golf course has a deal on Sunday afternoons for golf I think its like 40 bucks and half a cart for 18. nice course played it last year. If the wind blows look north and towards the federal land for little hidden lakes to fish and get out of the wind.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

10 min boat ride north to Sand Point. We’re in a full moon phase. Pull cranks at dusk through dark in 8-12 fow. Shallow shads, jointed shads, or longer minnow profile baits (Hit Sticks) work well for me out there. Experiment with color. One long cast with a spinning set up and putz around at 2-3 mph. Fish will be there.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Any ideas to share for a first time boater on Leech?

Not much to worry about as far as rocks or stuff to hit other than near shore. There is a couple accesses right in Walker, or Erickson’s just north of Walker. All of them are nice, safe accesses unless the wind kicks up in the wrong direction. There’s a good bait shop downtown, in addition to Reed’s who also has bait, and another one just north of town off 371 before Ericksons Landing. Weed lines are usually good during the daytime hours for multi-species, the humps in Walker bay in the morning and at dusk, and wind blown points are kind of the status quo bites on Leech imo.

acarroline

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>acarroline wrote:</div>
    Any ideas to share for a first time boater on Leech?

Not much to worry about as far as rocks or stuff to hit other than near shore. There is a couple accesses right in Walker, or Erickson’s just north of Walker. All of them are nice, safe accesses unless the wind kicks up in the wrong direction. There’s a good bait shop downtown, in addition to Reed’s who also has bait, and another one just north of town off 371 before Ericksons Landing. Weed lines are usually good during the daytime hours for multi-species, the humps in Walker bay in the morning and at dusk, and wind blown points are kind of the status quo bites on Leech imo.

Finding some small panfish but not much else. Gonna try around oak and duck points tomorrow. Walker Bay humps?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Walker Bay humps?

You should see them on your map, there’s a bunch of humps that come up to 20-30ish feet throughout Walker Bay. I’d try the islands and Walker Narrows too if you are going out to the big lake. Lindy rig and a leech or jig and a leech or plastic. Trolling raps at dusk.

LabDaddy1

Leech wouldn’t be my first option for walleyes in the area. It can be hit or miss, especially for those less experienced fishing it. You’ll want to focus on fishing after dark, or nasty windy days, hitting wind-blown shorelines/structure.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.