USA made Gear

• Mike

I am looking for suggestion of Fishing products made in the USA to recognize on the site AllUSAGear.com. The site is a veteran owned site with the intention to connect companies that provide USA made products to people who value USA made gear. Please respond with suggestion. Thank you!

munchy
    NULL

Awesome idea!

The one that pops in my head first is Duluth Pack. Also Wenonah Canoes

Mike

Munchy: Thank you!. Yes i was in contact with Duluth Pack and i recognize their gear on the site. They are great products.
    Thanks for the Wenonah Canoes, i will take a look and make contact with them.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

What size mfgs are you looking for? There are some local companies frequently on the forum that would be a good fit. Limit Creek, Tuned Up Custom Rods, JT Custom Rods, etc.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

May want to look into Amish Outfitters stuff.

brendenscoot

What size mfgs are you looking for? There are some local companies frequently on the forum that would be a good fit. Limit Creek, Tuned Up Custom Rods, JT Custom Rods, etc.

JT and Limit Creek don’t make any products in the US. All rods are imported from China.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

water gremlin split shot.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Vexilar

Mike

Fishwater: Thank you i will take a look and make contact with them.

Mike

MattMoen: Thank you! All company sizes.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Out of curiosity what is defined as “Made in the USA”?

In this day and age pieces and parts are pretty much made all over the world. Is it: “Assembled in the USA”? “Headquartered in the USA”? “Majority of US made components”? “Started out as a US company and still are but use a lot of foreign components now like so many other products in the world”?

I know Simms started out as a US maker of waders. Whether all their products (or markets) today utilize US made Gore-Tex may be a different story.

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

I believe nearly all G Loomis rods are made in the USA with the exception of the Conquest series that uses a blank made by their parent company Shimano. St Croix makes at least some of their rods in Park Falls WI. (The rest in Mexico)

Mike

Tegg: I call the companies and ask if their products are made in USA and if they provide jobs to USA citizens. IF they answer yes, i will list the product. I understand some of the components may be from other locations but i stand by the two questions i ask them. Thank you for question.

Jake Hendrickson
    Inactive
    Madison, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

JT and Limit Creek don’t make any products in the US. All rods are imported from China.

Brenden i cant speak for Limit Creek because I dont know their story, but I can tell you that JT has their blanks made in Japan where the highest quality of Toray carbon fiber is produced, and then are 100% assembled in the USA.
    Our rod shop in Farmington has been going non stop getting ready for the hardwater season.
    Nearly every rod blank from every company comes from overseas.

Ripjiggen

Eagle claw make all there hooks in the USA. Berkley used to make some products in Iowa but not sure much is made there anymore.
    Northland tackle maybe? Just a couple that popped in my head.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Russell moccasin company in Berlin, WI.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Minnetonka moccasins ? Not sure

B-man

Bemidji Woolen Mills

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Minnetonka moccasins ? Not sure

Not anymore…been a long time made overseas.

This iconic brand http://www.mukluks.com/
    is USA made…Ely MN. Steger Mukluks and Moccasins. They make high quality winter boots too.

Guessing the moose hide comes from Canada though.

Bemidji Woolen Mills

Yes…I have the original Paul Bunyan Jac Shirt

Christian Slick

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

Would probably fact-check before you comment in general. Would be easy for JT to outsource that labor to China but it’s all here.

munchy
    NULL

I know it’s not outdoors related, however Minnesota based Malco Tools recently purchased and had a grand opening at the location of the former Vise Grip plant in DeWitt Nebraska that Irwin tools closed down and sent to China a few years ago. They will be manufacturing a new brand of locking pliers called Eagle Grip.

https://journalstar.com/business/local/new-owner-of-dewitt-plant-to-make-pliers-similar-to/article_b5c5feec-7d1f-5a20-ba11-b9ebfc8bb582.html

waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

RS Landing nets

B-man

Grizzly Coolers

Ranger nets

Most Stowmaster Nets

Lots of lure companies are local and made in the U.S. Moonshine spoons and Michigan Stinger come to mind.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Golden Hawk Canoes made in Merrill Wi.

robby
    Quad Cities

Falcon Rods, at least some of their lines.

Neal Keeling

Fox River Mills socks. Great hunting and hiking socks. Made in Osage Iowa. They also make socks for other names like Carhart,REI and others.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Leech lake fillet knifves

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Most of us wear shoes while fishing. Keen

Keen built

Technically not made but “built” here. Not attempting to prove anyone wrong but I was surprised at they were built here. Need new hikers and know now I’m sticking with keen again.

Interesting how we as consumers may need to start rethinking what “made in America” truly means in this day and age and if other things such as being built here, or most components made, or a mix of half half etc still makes it beneficial to the us and our economy more so than those brands completely shipped over. And staying with those brands even partially made here will eventually show to the brand suits it does matter to us.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.