URL Ice Conditions

• Gitchi Gummi

I’m pretty surprised there hasn’t been an ice conditions thread yet considering the weather we’ve been having. I saw Rogers posted on their facebook today there is ice as far as the eye can see from their shore. Believe it or not, people will be walking out on URL very soon!

Please use this thread to provide URL ice conditions updates when possible.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

As long as the wind sits down for the next week, I would guess there will be people “safely” walking out mid next week…. 11/15-ish.

Most of the resorts on RED are all over the social media scene with frequent updates as they are looking to capitalize on the early ice season rush.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

High temp of 22 degrees, with lows in the single digits from now until Saturday in Washkish!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I am going up next weekend for sure………

Gitchi Gummi

Here is the satellite view from yesterday. According to facebook, Rogers and JRs Corner is letting foot traffic out starting today.

The wind is going to be blowing today, so I’m curious how the ice sheet holds up and if any big cracks form. Stay safe everyone.

Attachments:
    1. URL-11.9.17.png

munchy
    NULL

Here is the satellite view from yesterday. According to facebook, Rogers and JRs Corner is letting foot traffic out starting today.

The wind is going to be blowing today, so I’m curious how the ice sheet holds up and if any big cracks form. Stay safe everyone.

Call before you go. JRs is holding off as a large crack opened up. Rogers seems to be open but very well could change if wind shifts.

Rod Bent

Jake can you share the link for the satellite view of Red Lake? Thx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.