Headin’ Home – look out pheasants

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m headin back to SD this evening. I’m hoping to get a couple days to hunt while I’m back home. This is the best time of year to chase roosters out there. You may not get as many flushes as early season, but when you find a covey, get ready to reload. With the mild temps forecasted, it should make for some good walkin’ weather. I’ll post some pics when I get back.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

BretN

Waterfowler,

We were out there two weekends ago. Saw more birds than I have ever seen. Hard to get close to those birds w/o blockers on the public land. Good luck. Have a good time and a good Holiday.

Bret

BretN

Waterfowler,

We were out there two weekends ago. Saw more birds than I have ever seen. Hard to get close to those birds w/o blockers on the public land. Good luck. Have a good time and a good Holiday.

Bret

gunakapaducka
    bettendorf iowa

hey waterfowler, last time I checked pheasants didn’t form coveys, maybe flocks. -) Anyway good luck!!

Keith

gunakapaducka
    bettendorf iowa

hey waterfowler, last time I checked pheasants didn’t form coveys, maybe flocks. -) Anyway good luck!!

Keith

kooty
    Keymaster

Good point, actually it’s more like herds out here. I’ll post some pics later this afternoon, assuming we get some birds.

kooty
    Keymaster

Good point, actually it’s more like herds out here. I’ll post some pics later this afternoon, assuming we get some birds.

kooty
    Keymaster

I wasn’t able to get any pics before the boys had the birds cleaned last weekend. I’m guessing I spent about 8 hours hunting over the course of two days. We only managed six birds if I remember correctly, but man alive are there lots of birds out there. I’m estimating on the very conservative end, but I would guess I saw over 3000 birds in the short time I was in the field. It’s always good to be back home. If the winter doesn’t get too harsh, the population should continue to explode next spring.

kooty
    Keymaster

I wasn’t able to get any pics before the boys had the birds cleaned last weekend. I’m guessing I spent about 8 hours hunting over the course of two days. We only managed six birds if I remember correctly, but man alive are there lots of birds out there. I’m estimating on the very conservative end, but I would guess I saw over 3000 birds in the short time I was in the field. It’s always good to be back home. If the winter doesn’t get too harsh, the population should continue to explode next spring.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.